Spirit vs Intellect

What is you opinion on Sprit vs Intellect, especially in relation to
mages and priests?

The way I've looked at it is that Spirit isn't active during
spellcasting, and is thus little help when battling mobs, but Int
gives a bigger mana pool, and therefore allows more spells to be cast
before needing to rest.

So, with both my mage and priest I've been choosing Int bonuses over
Spirit where possible. But now I'm wondering if that was the right
thing to do, particularly with the priest.

My priest have vastly less downtime than my mage, and mana regen
seems reasonable, but would concentrating on Spirit over Int be a
good move? Would increased mana/health regen between fights (and
thus less downtime) make up for being able to do less damage and
healing between recharges?

What are the experiences and opionions of other priests (and mages)
out there?

--
Zil, lvl 49 Priest, Stormrage.

On 09 Jun 2005 11:09:43 GMT, Zil wrote:

> What is you opinion on Sprit vs Intellect, especially in relation to
> mages and priests?

It depends on what you're doing. For a priest, spirit is very valuable if
you do Molten Core where even the easy boss fights can take six and more
minutes. Or if you are in a group that doesn't let drink you. It's also
only really useful if you have the meditation talent. For everything else,
intellect is far superior.

But the actual question should be stamina vs spirit, since intellect is
necessary for any caster.

M.
--
ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
http://www.clamwin.com/