ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Hi,

My Shared Music folder on my computer has "lost its magic" - it now
appears as a normal folder and hasn't got a music icon. The folder also
appears as "My Music" (it is still in the same place - under Documents and
Settings\All Users\My Documents\My Music, but used to appear as "Shared
Music" in
Explorer etc.

I know TweakUI can restore/repair the individual My Music folders, but what
can I use to repair Shared Music?

Thanks.

First thing to try:

Open a command prompt and navigate to:

Documents and Settings\All Users\My Documents

Then type:

attrib +r "My Music"

If that doesn't fix it, you've lost the desktop.ini file. Instructions for replacing that are here:

http://computers.douglasthrift.net/winxpfaq.html

Keith