Sign in with
Your question

7970 Issue with new IPS monitor (max res 2560x1440) [Yamakasi Catleap)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 24, 2012 1:18:56 AM

Ok got a weird one for all yall, If anyone knows the answer and not random guesses, or have experienced the same issue much will be appreciated.

GPU I am running is asus 7970 DCU2.
If you must know system specs here they are:
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: Corsair Dominator 4x4gig = 16384MB RAM
Hard Drive: 239 GB - OZC SSD
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Motherboard: ASRock X79 EXTREME7 LGA 2011 Intel X79.
Monitor: Yamakasi Catleap

Ok error I am experiencing: Just ordered monitor, for close to max resolution of 2560x1440, Problem is when starting up windows from boot With monitor in no load, windows doesnt load. When starting up with monitor + another monitor as main, windows starts to load Then blue screens error, then restarts on Repair, which then states remove new added hardware (monitor)..

Now when having windows started and pluging in the monitor, in the display settings the monitor shows up in the selection area, but you are not able to Enable it or apply/ok it, no known error pops, just wont let you enable..

Monitor works fine with my other Nvidia Rig, which is running 285, No problems Loads Fine.

Reinstalled windows, Reinstalled drivers, rolled back drivers to older editions.... everything... And for those who say make sure you plug it into the Dual DVI slot, All 7970- has is Dual dvi... So... Ya..

HAs anyone else ever experienced same problem? If so please respond.. Thanks!!!
May 25, 2012 4:59:02 AM

no answers?
m
l
a c 564 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
May 25, 2012 5:07:01 AM

Try the new graphics card in another system and find out if the problem follows the card.

Or try the old graphics card in the new rig to prove that the new motherboard doesn't have any problems.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
May 25, 2012 6:35:17 AM

Did u say u tried a different monitor with the 7970 rig? Doesnt sound like the monitor is at fault like you are describing. If u did what monitor and how connected?
m
l
June 27, 2012 9:42:14 AM

Hey Jylesm, I have the exact same problem as you with the catleap and was wondering if you or anyone else found a solution to the problem.

Specs:
i5 3570k stock
asus maximus v gene
16gb corsair dominator gt @ 1800 MHz
asus 7970 dc2 3gb stock
windows 7 64bit
128gb intel 330 ssd
2tb WD Green
corsair hx650w

Any help would be much appreciated.
m
l
a c 564 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 27, 2012 6:10:45 PM

To the OP: Since the monitor works fine with a different graphics card then it must be a problem with the ASUS HD7970-DC2-3GD5.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 27, 2012 7:12:15 PM

I have never heard of Yamakasi before (probably not big here in the US) but when looking at info on the Yamakasi Catleap it did show that the monitor isnt compatible with certain ATI video cards. The listing stopped at the 6 series so I'm not sure if the 7 has some incompatabilitys but there were several high end 5 and 6 series cards that are listed as not being compatible with the monitor. Most monitors that go up to this resolution use DisplayPort instead of DVI, not sure if this has anything to do with why its only compatible with certain video cards.
m
l
June 28, 2012 7:45:42 AM

After a bit of playing around I found that I can get the monitor running off the 7970 but only in 800x600 res, so far. Basically I uninstall the amd driver(on my dell u2312), restart(in 800x600 by default), wait for the log in screen then unlplug the DVI from my dell and into the catleap and it displays fine. Where the problem comes in is I don't know how to get the resolution up to 2560x1440 and if I try to change to 1920x1080 through the OS display properties the screen crashes. :S

@ AdioKIP The monitor only has an input for dual link DVI for which a cable was provided, however people have reported the cable as being dodgy so I'm thinking of picking a decent one up and also a DP to DVI adapter to see if that brings any luck.
m
l
June 28, 2012 7:56:45 AM

No guessing here, I'm just sharing my experience with my new Dell IPS that it only worked in full res after Windows installed driver for it, on second reboot that is.

Does your monitor come with a driver CD?
m
l
a c 88 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 28, 2012 3:16:16 PM

Try windows Update and see if it picks up an update for your monitor, install it and see if that makes any difference.
m
l
June 28, 2012 11:36:34 PM

The new Yakamashi monitor worked right out of the box in my case at my chicago limo office.

The only problem I'm having is I cound not find an English manual or drivers for this monitor but the quality is OUTSTANDING.

v.t.
m
l
June 30, 2012 5:46:53 AM

wtarchala said:
The new Yakamashi monitor worked right out of the box in my case at my chicago limo office.

The only problem I'm having is I cound not find an English manual or drivers for this monitor but the quality is OUTSTANDING.

v.t.

What video card are you running?
m
l
!