PC not going into POST [Sometimes it does and works fine]

nikhilraktale

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Hello,
2 days ago, my computer suddenly decided to go Haywire! I turned it off in the night, then in the morning it just wouldn't POST, The computer switches on, all lights on the mobo glow, the CPU fan is on. I immediately reseated everything and it seemed to fix the problem.
Few hours later switched it off, switched it on again, no POST!

tinkered with the RAM for a while restarted a number of times, nothing. Then I removed the CMOS battery and it worked, used it for a while, turned it off, slept, today, nothing works. The computer switches on, all lights on the mobo glow, the CPU is on. Even my Xbox 360 controller gets power initially and then turns off. Thereafter the cpu fan just hums along, the system doesn't boot.

I have to use this thing for just 3 more days and then it will probably be collecting dust somewhere so I don't wanna spend a lot of money on it, however, the fact that it turns on and runs flawlessly sometimes tells me that nothing can be terribly wrong.

Heres the basic config
Mobo : P55-GD65
Ram : 4 gig corsair 1333 Mhzz (2*2)
PSU : 550V corsair
Processor : i5 (I forget the clock freq)
Graphics : MSI twin frozr , Nvidia GTX 275

JefferyD90

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
What did you do when you turned it off? Or what happend when you first turned it off. I wouldnt advise removing the battery as it controls more than the CMOS in some motherboards, just use the CMOS jumpers.

nikhilraktale

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

I didn't really turn it off in any weird way, just a normal shutdown.

Nothing really happened other than it just stopped turning on, the CPU fan keeps going nuts along with my card, but the computer just doesn't start.
I reseated everything yesterday, still no effect.

I did flash the CMOS using the jumper, nothing :p

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
so wait have you unplugged the power to the computer?

also if you plug that back in does the problem persist or is everything quiet and too me it sounds like a mobo problem you should either go to where you bought it and get it tested or get it replaced if it is still under warranty.

I don't think that it is a psu problem because the fans are spinning.

Hope this helps. also try reputting everything in the mobo so take the card out and put it back in.