Sign in with
Your question

Massive Bf3 Stuttering Issue.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 24, 2012 2:19:26 AM

I'm having this stuttering/freezing issue while playing battlefield. I would play for 5 minutes and then it would just lock up on me .I tried resetting my bios, turning off all of my overclocks and reverting to old drivers. Nothing seems to work. Could it be hardware issues. Here are my specs
Amd Phenom II 960t OC to 3.6
Sapphire Amd Radeon 6850 Oc'd to 900/1100
Gskill 4gb 1333 mhz DDr3
Biostar A870U3
May 24, 2012 3:17:42 AM

Try lowering your clocks, see if that makes a difference. Or increasing the voltage.
Is this a sudden issue or did you get a new card?
May 25, 2012 9:44:14 PM

no the card is three months old. This has been happening for about the time i started to overclock it past 850mhz on the core clock. Whenever i go upwards of 1100 on the mem clock i black screen. I used the Fur bench Test benchmark and it didnt go over 75 degrees i'm gonna try running again without the overclock. Another thing is that when i go to play source games it freezes up too but not as bad. Is it the Cpu's overclock or the gpu's thats causing the freezing?
Related resources
May 25, 2012 9:49:48 PM

First of all, read up on GPU overclocking. Just as a tip.

Secondly, does this happen in single player or online, or both?

Thirdly, what happens when you set the game to Low settings?
May 25, 2012 10:27:30 PM

I just uninstalled Trixx and I'm gonna leave the Gfx card alone. I'll try stock clocks and put the settings to low just as you said..
May 25, 2012 10:27:59 PM

It happened in both singleplayer and multiplayer.
May 25, 2012 11:08:25 PM

So i set everything to low and I got almost the same thing but everything was a little better. I also tried crysis 1 and it was a little slow. So whats wrong with my card
May 26, 2012 1:30:47 AM

silversuns said:
So i set everything to low and I got almost the same thing but everything was a little better. I also tried crysis 1 and it was a little slow. So whats wrong with my card

Look, have you tried setting your clocks to default??
May 26, 2012 4:28:04 PM

carlosb said:
Look, have you tried setting your clocks to default??

Yeah i did. It went back to normal after a while. Does this mean I cant overclock any more?
May 26, 2012 4:39:03 PM

No, that just means you didn't overclock properly. As said before it is very highly recommended reading this guide before doing any overclocking. The card might be stable in furmark and any other stress but in some games it will crash. Also overclocking your card will make it unstable so you have to find the stable settings for your card. Every gpu is different, it's a matter of trial and error.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/340404-33-wolfram-ove...
!