Changing Default mouse button functions

bing

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2002

Hello,

I have the new MX1000 mouse that has 8 function buttons. I have installed
the Logitech Drivers/Setpoint s/w becauuse for some reason once i do i notice
system performance problems.

So i have no mouse s/w installed and using the standard Microsoft HID
(mouhid.sys, mouclass.sys) drivers but because i don't have any mouse s/w i
cannot change the default functions associated w/ some of the mouse buttons
(some buttons no longer function,but that's ok).

So my question is without install the Logtiech mouse s/w is it possibel and
how do i change the default assignments to soem of the mouse buttons to
soemthing else?

Thanks
Bing

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 12:49:03 -0800, Bing wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have the new MX1000 mouse that has 8 function buttons. I have installed
> the Logitech Drivers/Setpoint s/w becauuse for some reason once i do i notice
> system performance problems.
>
> So i have no mouse s/w installed and using the standard Microsoft HID
> (mouhid.sys, mouclass.sys) drivers but because i don't have any mouse s/w i
> cannot change the default functions associated w/ some of the mouse buttons
> (some buttons no longer function,but that's ok).
>
> So my question is without install the Logtiech mouse s/w is it possibel and
> how do i change the default assignments to soem of the mouse buttons to
> soemthing else?
>
> Thanks
> Bing

To take advantage of extra features that the mouse offers (including
programming the buttons), you need to install the software. You might check
at the Logitech support site to see if they have updated software
available.

I have the same mouse (love it and thanks t.cruise for recommending it).
I've noticed no problems with its software or in overall performance. That
doesn't help you much but at least it lets you know that it's possible for
this mouse and its software to run correctly.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

bing

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2002

Hi Sharon

Thanks for responding. In day to day use, system performance degradation
will probably not be (or not as noticeable). In my case i collect and
analyze realtime data thruout the day so i notice the impact quite a bit (CPU
tends to spike for unusally longer periods). I was running latest version of
Setpoint from Logitech. I tried installing prior Setpoint versions but same
performance issue.

I love the mouse too that's why i'm willing to live without some of the
features. But I was wondering if features such as the wheel button can be
reprogramed from teh default settings that Microsoft defaults to. Right now
w/o Setpoint, clicking on the wheel moouse functions something like a page
view navigator, but would rather change it to 'Close Application'. I know
that installing Setpoint can do this but was wondering if some other Windows
settings can be done to achieve same thing?

Thanks,
Bing

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 22:59:02 -0800, Bing wrote:

> Hi Sharon
>
> Thanks for responding. In day to day use, system performance degradation
> will probably not be (or not as noticeable). In my case i collect and
> analyze realtime data thruout the day so i notice the impact quite a bit (CPU
> tends to spike for unusally longer periods). I was running latest version of
> Setpoint from Logitech. I tried installing prior Setpoint versions but same
> performance issue.
>
> I love the mouse too that's why i'm willing to live without some of the
> features. But I was wondering if features such as the wheel button can be
> reprogramed from teh default settings that Microsoft defaults to. Right now
> w/o Setpoint, clicking on the wheel moouse functions something like a page
> view navigator, but would rather change it to 'Close Application'. I know
> that installing Setpoint can do this but was wondering if some other Windows
> settings can be done to achieve same thing?
>
> Thanks,
> Bing

Sorry but the generic mouse drivers provided by Windows support basic
features only.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User