Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GTX 680 Just Ordered

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 24, 2012 4:38:41 AM

hi everyone just had to post this, i just bought My ASUS GTX 680 (reference) for $690 AUD (damm aussie high prices) and it should be here next monday or tuesday (heaps exited) and im wondering what should expect from this Beast...

this will be a HUUUUGGGGGGEEEEE upgrade for me as my current GPU is a 9500GT (ddr2 :p ),

this is the last part to upgrade of my new computer , specs are:

Antec Two Hundred v2 - Case
ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 - Mobo
Intel i5 2500k - CPU
Seagate Barracuda 1TB - HDD
G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz - RAM
9500GT - GPU :p 
OCZ Fatal1ty 750W - PSU
rest of stuff cant remember but it should give you a pretty could idea

i know this may sound stupid but will i feel a improvement from a 9500gt to a GTX 680 ? :D 

More about : gtx 680 ordered

May 24, 2012 4:40:09 AM

i was about to rage and ask you where you bought it until i saw you're aussie. i'm waiting for my notification from newegg still. still considering the 7970 for the time being though.
m
0
l
May 24, 2012 4:43:09 AM

yea i know aussie prices are soo bad for computer parts, i was considering a sapphire dualx 7970,
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 24, 2012 4:45:38 AM

kompulsive said:
i was about to rage and ask you where you bought it until i saw you're aussie. i'm waiting for my notification from newegg still. still considering the 7970 for the time being though.


GTX 680 is in stock, just not the EVGA version; if you're desperate though go with Asus.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

EDIT: To the OP, you might feel an improvement. Most likely your $690 just went to waste :D 

Jk, you will never have seen a greater improvement in your life. The 680 is a monster.
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 7:50:02 AM

ill post some pics when it comes :p 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 25, 2012 8:07:50 AM

Once you get your new system in order you will be set for years...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 25, 2012 8:54:55 AM

Go 670 its about a 5% difference at best
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 10:48:05 AM

kompulsive said:
i was about to rage and ask you where you bought it until i saw you're aussie. i'm waiting for my notification from newegg still. still considering the 7970 for the time being though.


Why?670 and 7970 are 50/50..670 is better than 7970 only If 7970 is overclocked.. then you might see few % improvement..and we are talking about 680 so...680 is way better than 7970 lol.

I wanna ask you.. why did you buy ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 - Mobo?I'm building new pc and my cpu will be i5 2500k/gpu 670 and the mobo which I want is asrock extreme4 gen3? I plan on sli(2 cards 670) but not for now?
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 11:16:03 AM

charpidis said:
Why?670 and 7970 are 50/50..670 is better than 7970 only If 7970 is overclocked.. then you might see few % improvement..and we are talking about 680 so...680 is way better than 7970 lol.

I wanna ask you.. why did you buy ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 - Mobo?I'm building new pc and my cpu will be i5 2500k/gpu 670 and the mobo which I want is asrock extreme4 gen3? I plan on sli(2 cards 670) but not for now?


actually the reason why i bought the asrock extreme3 gen3 is because originally it was going to be a budget build with a GTX 560 OC . but then when it came to buying a GPU i decided to be patient and it payed off, hence why i got the GTX 680. (original pc build was $750AUD now its $1650 haha :p ) and also i wanted to have a really good experience because i sold my PS3 to pay for some of the stuff.
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 11:20:13 AM

THERE"S Not much difference between gtx 670 and 680. If u overclock 670 it'll perform like a gtx 680 but if u overclock 680.................. then it'll perform more. So it really depends on ur budget. U wanna spend more get gtx 680 wanna save money get gtx 670..simple :D 

hd 7970 beats both 670 and 680 in crisis dunno why :lol: 
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 11:25:50 AM

UAhmed said:
THERE"S Not much difference between gtx 670 and 680. If u overclock 670 it'll perform like a gtx 680


i was really considering a GTX 670 Direct CUII because its matching a GTX 680 in the benchies.
but i kept having that though that they would release a new driver for the GTX 680 to put like a 15-20% gap between it and the 670 , hence why i bought a GTX 680! :p .
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 11:26:09 AM

stapo19 said:
actually the reason why i bought the asrock extreme3 gen3 is because originally it was going to be a budget build with a GTX 560 OC . but then when it came to buying a GPU i decided to be patient and it payed off, hence why i got the GTX 680. (original pc build was $750AUD now its $1650 haha :p ) and also i wanted to have a really good experience because i sold my PS3 to pay for some of the stuff.


Well I'm kinda on a budget too..what mobo did you want?but couldnt buy because you were on a budget?
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 11:28:40 AM

actually when i think about it ive had my eyes on a EVGA z68 FTW, but i could afford it at the time
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 11:34:16 AM

stapo19 said:
i was really considering a GTX 670 Direct CUII because its matching a GTX 680 in the benchies.
but i kept having that though that they would release a new driver for the GTX 680 to put like a 15-20% gap between it and the 670 , hence why i bought a GTX 680! :p .


Hmm...... well then goodluck for the gtx 680 :D 
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 11:37:43 AM

hopefully its here on monday :D  because i wanna do some benchmarks and compare it to my 9500GT DDR2 :D  , Hmmm.... 9500GT>GTX680 :p 
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 11:40:00 AM

I'm buying 670.. which would be the best? ASUS GTX 670
DC II TOP?
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 11:40:46 AM

What ! why do u even want a benchmark of 9500gt with a gtx 680 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D 
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 11:42:05 AM

charpidis said:
I'm buying 670.. which would be the best? ASUS GTX 670
DC II TOP?


i'd say if u go with Nvidia card go with evga but asus is not bad either i like it for radeon cards
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 11:49:19 AM

UAhmed said:
What ! why do u even want a benchmark of 9500gt with a gtx 680 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D 


thats my current GPU i wanna see some BIG!!! improvements AKA. 9500GT - Skyrim 1024x768 - low with ultra texture NO AF and NO AA :D 
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 11:51:18 AM

stapo19 said:
thats my current GPU i wanna see some BIG!!! improvements AKA. 9500GT - Skyrim 1024x768 - low with ultra texture NO AF and NO AA :D 


:D  What will be the benchmarks , can't even imagine :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :lol:  :lol: 
m
0
l
May 25, 2012 11:54:02 AM

UAhmed said:
:D  What will be the benchmarks , can't even imagine :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :lol:  :lol: 


haha 3dmark11, bf3(if it even works on a 9500gt), skyrim, l4d2
m
0
l
May 28, 2012 1:09:23 AM

my gtx 680 should be in the mail today :) 
m
0
l
May 28, 2012 1:37:20 AM

Good luck with the GTX 680. I love mine. Powers 3 monitors and runs smooth as silk.
m
0
l
May 29, 2012 1:13:38 AM

i got my 680 now :p  , will post pics when i get the chance , skyrim runs max @60fps no matter where i go , this thing is a beast compared to my 9500gt :) 
m
0
l
!