Please help, DMA gives me mouse lag

G

My hard drive benches not even close to half as what it should when DMA isn't enabled for the hard drive. But when i do enable it i get mouselag. It doesn't seem to affect games... Mouse lag is quite possibly the most annoying thing that could possibly go wrong with a computer. I did a major upgrade and got the OEM version of the hard drive with a ATA-100 cable and just hooked the hard drive up and installed 98SE on it.. Any controllers/drivers/bios settings/windows settings i should check?

Win98SE
Enlight 7237 340w Case
AMD 1.333Ghz 266 FSB
Epox 8K7A w/ onboard sound card & latest BIOS
VIA 4-in-1 Drivers
Crucial 256 DDR 2100
Thermalright SK-6 HSF w/ Radio Shack thermal compound
MSI Starforce Geforce2 Pro 64 DDR w/ Detonator 12.41 & Direct X 8.0a
IBM Desktar 60GXP 60GB 7200RPM
3COM 3C905B-TXPXE 10/100 Fast Ethernet
HP 4x2x24 CDRW series 8110
Sony Trinitron monitor

Also before i figured out what was causing the mouse lag my PC had the worst crash i had ever heard of. Losing all disk partitions except C: and D: both of which were giving me bad disk errors when trying to do a directory listing... For some reason though after i came back later to try to fix it and turned my computer back on everything was back the way it was before but i reformated anyway and now know that the problem was i had DMA enabled...

<b><font color="#0000FF">K</font>instonian</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Kinstonian on 08/03/01 01:53 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

FatBurger

Illustrious
<b><font color=black>K<font color=black>instonian</b>
{b}{black}K{/black}instonian{/b}

Use [] instead of {}, though.

Although why you would bother making something black when it's black already, I'll never know :)

-----------------------
Quarter pounder inside