Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help With BIOS?

Last response: in Systems
July 17, 2012 1:24:03 PM

I Don't want to update my BIOS becuase I don't understand it enough. Would it be better to take it to a local computer shop and have them do it?

More about : bios

July 17, 2012 1:29:30 PM

It would be better if you don't know anything about BIOs. Or you could take the time to study up on them, I built my own computer and installed an OS through a disk (even was attempting the USB boot). I learned everything about what I needed to do through google, and my system turned out great.

BUT, if you have the money and want it done problem free, then take it to the shop.

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
July 17, 2012 1:34:54 PM

Cpuwarrior said:
I Don't want to update my BIOS becuase I don't understand it enough. Would it be better to take it to a local computer shop and have them do it?

yes if done wrong you can brick your mb. your better of paying a shop to do it..it take less then 10 min for a shop that knows what there doing to do it. (boot into the mb...read the rev of the mb bios and model...then download the next bios file above the one that on the mb to the usb stick. then boot into the bios or use one of the f keys at boot to use the mb bios dos flasher.
flash the bios and have the mb reboot. then go back into the bios hit f5 for factory default hot save and boot into windows twice.
i want to see that the pc shuts down fine and then turns on fine and loads without any issue. if there more then one bios file you want to do the f5 ave and exit then shut down...then turn the pc on and then flash the bios. most bios flash failurs are when people use the windows bios updater and there anti virus or a program kicks on and screws up the flash. then the owner ends up with bricked mb.
Related resources
July 17, 2012 1:38:37 PM

Yeah I need my BIOS updated because I'm putting in a new cpu and also My current bios won't work with Coolnquiet and that means my cpu fan is always going at max which is loud.
July 17, 2012 11:46:42 PM

Best answer selected by CPUwarrior.
!