Screenshots

I took a few screenshots and it saved em in .tga format. Is there a way to
save in .jpg? Or how do I open .tga files?

> I took a few screenshots and it saved em in .tga format. Is there a way
> to save in .jpg?

Not that I'm aware of.

> Or how do I open .tga files?

Install GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program available at
http://www.gimp.org

You can convert to jpg or whatever you like.

Regards,
Noal

--
Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage [PvE]
Kemwer - Tauren Warrior (28) on Stormrage [PvE]

Brian wrote:

> Go get Irfanview instead. Smaller download, better interface, faster run,
> less memory. Fewer features, but it's more than enough for every task I've
> ever needed it to do.
>
> http://www.irfanview.com

You happen to know of a batch image file format conversion utility for
Windows? I have something like 10GB of screenshots that I'd all like
to compress to .jpg at once.

> You happen to know of a batch image file format conversion utility for
> Windows? I have something like 10GB of screenshots that I'd all like
> to compress to .jpg at once.

ACDSee

"Cyde Weys" <cyde@umd.edu> wrote in message
> Brian wrote:
>
>> Go get Irfanview instead. Smaller download, better interface, faster run,
>> less memory. Fewer features, but it's more than enough for every task I've
>> ever needed it to do.
>>
>> http://www.irfanview.com
>
> You happen to know of a batch image file format conversion utility for
> Windows? I have something like 10GB of screenshots that I'd all like
> to compress to .jpg at once.

See the above-mentioned Irfanview :)

--
Paul

Paul Catley wrote:

> "Cyde Weys" <cyde@umd.edu> wrote in message
>>
>>> http://www.irfanview.com
>>
>> You happen to know of a batch image file format conversion utility for
>> Windows? I have something like 10GB of screenshots that I'd all like
>> to compress to .jpg at once.
>
> See the above-mentioned Irfanview :)

Indeed :)
Irfanview has a wicked amount of features, regarding it's freeware and only
some 100s of kb in size.

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (49) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

Got it. I've used IrfanView before, it's a nice program. I had Photoshop
right here handy so I reinstalled it. Don't know why I didn't think of that
earlier. It does batch too. What's up with the shots being saved in an
obscure format?!?! You'd think they would be JPG!

> Got it. I've used IrfanView before, it's a nice program. I had Photoshop
> right here handy so I reinstalled it. Don't know why I didn't think of that
> earlier. It does batch too. What's up with the shots being saved in an
> obscure format?!?! You'd think they would be JPG!

TGA isn't obscure. It preserves the original image quality, whereas JPG is
compressed and therefore introduces a loss of quality. I think most saved
screenshots in games are either TGA or BMP.

--
Paul

> TGA isn't obscure. It preserves the original image quality, whereas JPG
is
> compressed and therefore introduces a loss of quality. I think most saved
> screenshots in games are either TGA or BMP.

Not the games I've played. UO was jpg. GW was jpg. SWG was jpg. Not
a biggy now that I know how to convert them tho.

> Not the games I've played. UO was jpg. GW was jpg. SWG was jpg. Not
> a biggy now that I know how to convert them tho.

Ah well, I haven't played any of those :)

(What's GW?)

--
Paul

Yup