File recovery program from Compact Flash?

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 16, 2005 10:55:30 AM

Anyone know of a good free file recovery program? My Canon A95 lost 3
pictures I took. I can see them with a downloaded copy of "Flash File
REcovery" but won't let me restore them without the paid version.

If I'm going to pay I want to pay for a good product, not the first one I
found on the Internet. Of course if there as free recovery utilities out
there I'd like to give them a go first.

Any suggestions welcomed. Poch
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 10:55:31 AM

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 06:55:30 GMT, "Poch"
<poch@no-spam-blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Anyone know of a good free file recovery program? My Canon A95 lost 3
>pictures I took. I can see them with a downloaded copy of "Flash File
>REcovery" but won't let me restore them without the paid version.
>
>If I'm going to pay I want to pay for a good product, not the first one I
>found on the Internet. Of course if there as free recovery utilities out
>there I'd like to give them a go first.
>
>Any suggestions welcomed. Poch

This has worked for me:
http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm

--
Bill Funk
funktionality.blogspot.com

Poch wrote:
> Anyone know of a good free file recovery program? My Canon A95 lost 3
> pictures I took. I can see them with a downloaded copy of "Flash File
> REcovery" but won't let me restore them without the paid version.
>
> If I'm going to pay I want to pay for a good product, not the first one I
> found on the Internet. Of course if there as free recovery utilities out
> there I'd like to give them a go first.
>
> Any suggestions welcomed. Poch

http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlrestoration.html
It's free, it works.
August 16, 2005 11:08:25 AM

Google for Digital Image Recovery or DIR. It's the best out there.

"Poch" <poch@no-spam-blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Anyone know of a good free file recovery program? My Canon A95 lost 3
> pictures I took. I can see them with a downloaded copy of "Flash File
> REcovery" but won't let me restore them without the paid version.
>
> If I'm going to pay I want to pay for a good product, not the first one I
> found on the Internet. Of course if there as free recovery utilities out
> there I'd like to give them a go first.
>
> Any suggestions welcomed. Poch

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:15:51 PM

Poch wrote:
> Anyone know of a good free file recovery program? My Canon A95 lost 3
> pictures I took. I can see them with a downloaded copy of "Flash File
> REcovery" but won't let me restore them without the paid version.

I used this program without problems:

http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welco...

David
August 16, 2005 5:42:01 PM

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 06:55:30 GMT, "Poch"
<poch@no-spam-blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Anyone know of a good free file recovery program? My Canon A95 lost 3
>pictures I took. I can see them with a downloaded copy of "Flash File
>REcovery" but won't let me restore them without the paid version.
>
>If I'm going to pay I want to pay for a good product, not the first one I
>found on the Internet. Of course if there as free recovery utilities out
>there I'd like to give them a go first.
>
>Any suggestions welcomed. Poch

IsoBuster?
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 11:35:57 PM

Sandisk Rescue Pro + a CF reader / writer .. even recover files I never put
in :p

=bob=

"Poch" <poch@no-spam-blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> If I'm going to pay I want to pay for a good product, not the first one I
> found on the Internet. Of course if there as free recovery utilities out
> there I'd like to give them a go first.
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 12:53:29 AM

>> This has worked for me:
>> http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm
>>
>> --
>> Bill Funk
>> funktionality.blogspot.com
>
> Great feedback. Thanks all I will give a selection of those a go. Much
> appreciated.
> Poch

Went with and purchased Sandisk Rescue Pro. Did the job and will work will
other file formats on my USB flash memory keys. Thanks Bob.

Poch.
!