Capacitors in Monitor Blew: What Am I looking ForÉ

I blew four capacitors in my monitor, and I was wondering what I'm looking for and the best place to buy them.
Thanks!

4 answers Last reply
More about capacitors monitor blew fore
  1. Either a warranty claim or a new monitor. You've no idea what caused it or what other damage might have been done.
  2. pauls3743 said:
    Either a warranty claim or a new monitor. You've no idea what caused it or what other damage might have been done.

The warranty is up and I'm not interested on blowing $400 when I know that I can replace 4 capacitors and restore it back to the way it was before. They blew because they are cheap capacitors, and lots of people have had the same problem with this monitor.
  3. You need to know the value and voltage of the caps and then order new ones from like digikey, heck you can even order them off amazon LOL.

edit - most capacitors have a polarity to them so pay attention to how they are installed when you replace them.

Hey, was it a samsung? I see a repair kit for samsung lcd's on amazon <grin>
  4. popatim said:
    You need to know the value and voltage of the caps and then order new ones from like digikey, heck you can even order them off amazon LOL.

edit - most capacitors have a polarity to them so pay attention to how they are installed when you replace them.

Hey, was it a samsung? I see a repair kit for samsung lcd's on amazon <grin>

That's the problem. There are no values on 3/4 capacitors. Actually, it's a Gateway (I didn't buy it).
Ask a new question

Read More

Monitors Components