Sign in with
Your question

Capacitors in Monitor Blew: What Am I looking ForÉ

Last response: in Components
November 28, 2012 2:47:51 AM

I blew four capacitors in my monitor, and I was wondering what I'm looking for and the best place to buy them.
Thanks!

a b C Monitor
November 28, 2012 4:12:24 AM

Either a warranty claim or a new monitor. You've no idea what caused it or what other damage might have been done.
m
l
November 28, 2012 9:42:05 PM

pauls3743 said:
Either a warranty claim or a new monitor. You've no idea what caused it or what other damage might have been done.

The warranty is up and I'm not interested on blowing $400 when I know that I can replace 4 capacitors and restore it back to the way it was before. They blew because they are cheap capacitors, and lots of people have had the same problem with this monitor.
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
November 29, 2012 12:23:17 AM

You need to know the value and voltage of the caps and then order new ones from like digikey, heck you can even order them off amazon LOL.

edit - most capacitors have a polarity to them so pay attention to how they are installed when you replace them.

Hey, was it a samsung? I see a repair kit for samsung lcd's on amazon <grin>
m
l
November 29, 2012 12:28:29 AM

popatim said:
You need to know the value and voltage of the caps and then order new ones from like digikey, heck you can even order them off amazon LOL.

edit - most capacitors have a polarity to them so pay attention to how they are installed when you replace them.

Hey, was it a samsung? I see a repair kit for samsung lcd's on amazon <grin>

That's the problem. There are no values on 3/4 capacitors. Actually, it's a Gateway (I didn't buy it).
m
l
!