Go vote for HL2 ! and others

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
<A HREF="http://www.spiketv.com/events/vga2004/" target="_new">http://www.spiketv.com/events/vga2004/</A>

Vote for HL2 in

Game of the Year
Best First Person Action Game
Best PC Game
Best Graphics
Best New Technology

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/fing.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
Did all that except first person action goes to UnrealTournament2004 hands down best play and richest maps.

Dichromatic for your viewing plesure...

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
ut2k4 is a cartoon that you move around in and pretend to play a fps.

wpdclan.com counter-strike game server - 66.150.155.52:27015
now featuring valve security module!

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
Visual quality is only a part of what makes a fps fun. UT2k4 has 10+ types of game play, mutators galore, and physics that makes HL2 look like a 90s video game. I guess if you have new DX9 graphics eye candy, it doesn’t matter that it doesn’t play any better than N64’s 007. I prefer to do a little more than move through hallways and snipe people. Have you ever played a vehicle capture the flag, transporter based bombing run, assault, onslaught? Have you ever dodged off a wall or fired a shock combo? You want the truth…never mind you probably still play Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
im not talking about graphics. i am talking about game play, all the weapons in unreal take an eternity to get to their target. thats just retarded. makes getting points more about luck than skill. and accuracy? give me a freaking break, the hit box on a target is easily 4 times as large as the object itself when moving. you wanna talk about physics? you think unreal has good physics? lol! its more like flying in space than running on the ground in that game. and actually i have never played rainbow 6.

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
There are so many more weapons in UT2k4 than HL2. My guess you’ve only used the rocket launcher. Typical NOOB weapon, but very effective in the right hands. The sniper rifle is just as accurate in UT2k4 as in HL2. The weapons just require a bit of skill, its not just point and shoot, you have to lead them a little. Do you even know what the shock rifle is? Beyond squabbling about how well the weapons work, many of the UT2k4 games go beyond typical death match/counter strike game play. Anyways, no worries, keep your feet on the ground, simple game play for simple folk. I’ll be up on that ledge with my transporter, waiting for a pass, dodging of the wall, flying through space to score my bombing run goal.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
lots of weapons does not mean their better. the shock rifle is probly the only good gun in the game. no, the game is not much different than any other game. sure you have objectives but its all the same. get the flag, connect the dots, get to the end of the train, its the same thing so dont tell me its got anything better cause it has 10 scenarios.

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
You obviously have limited experience with UT2k4. Have you ever seen or been a part of 2 teams playing bombing run, in a wide open space, passing the ball to the players transporting wildly ahead. Defense, offense, interceptions, kills. Or how about a manta (hover craft) with a player on each side, picking up a flag, racing off only to be blown up by a goliath (tank). Do you know what a “lama” is? Sure count isn’t everything, but rich play is. Enjoy your 4 walls and remember keep thinking inside the box.

My game is better than your game! :tongue:

My dad can beat up your dad! :tongue:

Not everyone is going to enjoy the same games you do... for their own reasons. Get over it.

:tongue:

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
He started it. I’m omnipotent. I created Star Wars and George Lucas is having my love child. I’m the wiener. Woot Woot.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
YOU keep thinking inside the box, and ill play far cry. and hl2 as soon as hl3 comes out so i can buy it guilt free.

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
I know its way wrong to bump this thread. But, it seems the physics has been called into question. Conclusion...“Just an average FPS”

It’s still a great game and I’ve had fun playing it.

<A HREF="http://www.nofrag.com/fichiers/halflife2/videos/938/" target="_new">http://www.nofrag.com/fichiers/halflife2/videos/938/</A>