Sign in with
Your question

Would these components fit into the Coolermaster RC-692 (USB3 version)

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cooler Master
  • Components
Last response: in Components
November 28, 2012 5:46:41 AM

Hi. I'm almost ready to buy my components. First, though, I'd like to quickly check that they'd all fit into the case I've chosen, the USB3 version of the Coolermaster RC-692. Does anyone see any problems? Thanks much!

Anyway, here are the components:

* Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
* CPU: Intel i5-3570
* Video Card: 3GB Gigabyte Radeon 7950
* Memory: G Skill Ares 1600 8GB
* Storage: SATA3 2TB WD Green
* SSD: Samsung 830 Series 128GB
* Power: Antec HCG-520
* Disc Drive: LG Blu-Ray Combo
* Monitor: 24” 2ms Asus VS248H (of course, though, that wouldn't go in the case)

Thanks again.

More about : components fit coolermaster 692 usb3 version

a b ) Power supply
November 28, 2012 6:11:54 AM

My only comment would be double check the PSU. Antec has made some really poor PSUs, but lately some are farmed out and are ok. Make sure you know which yours is
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 28, 2012 6:27:05 AM

Dude, that case is a mid-tower. Of course everything is going to fit in it.

Also, if you aren't getting the "k" version of the processor and a cooler, than you can't overclock. If you aren't overclocking, then don't get a z77 motherboard. Get the cheaper h77 chipset - exact thing sans overclocking and xfire.

Oh, and I wouldn't buy a "Green" hard drive - they only run at 5400RPM, which does feel noticeably slower.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 111 ) Power supply
November 28, 2012 7:29:29 AM

abbadon_34 said:
My only comment would be double check the PSU. Antec has made some really poor PSUs, but lately some are farmed out and are ok. Make sure you know which yours is

The HCG520 is made by Seasonic, so it should be ok.... :)  I use the HCG620, and all I can say is I'm pretty happy with it.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 28, 2012 7:34:39 AM

Seasonic, well that get's my vote!
m
l
November 28, 2012 8:35:15 AM

Okay, thanks for the help everyone.
Instead of the WD Green, would the Seagate SATA3 2TB be a reasonable alternative?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 28, 2012 9:10:01 AM

depends, what model, what rpm, and where it's made (they recently switched to china for some models with resulting difficulties) . WD black is always a good choice, if expensive, same with spinpoint and f1 (can't remember the brands). Any 7200 will be bettter (any you won't have worry about install WD Green spindown/spinup firmware updates).
m
l
!