Connection refused

karl

Hi, i keep getting "The connection was refused when attempting to contact
www.blizzard.com" (for example), when trying to access some sites, mainly
blizzard or World of Warcraft sites. Also i cant connect to the World of
warcraft game. This has been happening for 3 days, manually updated the game
but that hasnt helped.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, i know theres loads of
reasons it could be, but is anyone having the same probs or know why my
connection is being refused by Blizzard? The connection being REFUSED is
puzzling?!?

Sorry for the OT, but its driving me nuts. Most other site are ok, if a bit
slow.

Please help, getting withdrawl symptoms, havent been able to play for 3-4
days.

Karl

In <05adnVIt6-LmMDXfRVnysA@pipex.net> "Karl" <karlnews@dsl.pipex.com> writes:

> Sorry for the OT, but its driving me nuts. Most other site are ok, if a bit
> slow.

> Please help, getting withdrawl symptoms, havent been able to play for 3-4
> days.

If you're having trouble with the game *and* your web browser,
then it sounds like the problem is with your internet connection.

You said you get "connection refused" on *some* sites. Does that mean
that there are other sites which work?

--
John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
gordon@panix.com

karl

Yeah, some sites work, dont think its a problem with the actual connection,
cant get into any blizz sites or connect to WOW, thats the big prob.

Karl

In <uZSdnXVQiuQKfzTfRVnyrg@pipex.net> "Karl" <karlnews@dsl.pipex.com> writes:

> Yeah, some sites work, dont think its a problem with the actual connection,
> cant get into any blizz sites or connect to WOW, thats the big prob.

Maybe your ISP is blocking access to all Blizzard addresses? Call them
and ask.

--
John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
gordon@panix.com

karl

Ah, just tried an anonymous surfing site and can get on Blizz sites no
problem, must be that.

Cheers

> In <uZSdnXVQiuQKfzTfRVnyrg@pipex.net> "Karl" <karlnews@dsl.pipex.com>
writes:

> > Yeah, some sites work, dont think its a problem with the actual
connection,
> > cant get into any blizz sites or connect to WOW, thats the big prob.
>
> Maybe your ISP is blocking access to all Blizzard addresses? Call them
> and ask.
>
> --
> John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
> gordon@panix.com

karl

Hi, update time, seems it was a problem with a prog called PeerGuardian2, a
security app.

Thanks for the help :)