Sign in with
Your question

Possible faulty front panel. CM Storm enforcer

November 28, 2012 11:16:31 AM

Hey everyone. I recently purchased a CM Storm Enforcer case. After setting it up with my motherboard, a Gigabyte ga-ma-770t-ud3p ( http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?p... )

Everything appeared to be working fine. When i tried to plug my microphone into the front panel however, i noticed the volume was very low. In order to hear myself at a decent volume, I had to turn the volume boost up to +30db in the audio settings.

Thinking this was just a microphone problem, i plugged into the motherboard audio input, and the volume, level was much louder and required no boost in order to be heard.

The headphones work perfectly on the front panel without issue, and both the mic and headphones are recognised by the realtek audio manager when plugged in. I have attempted to change my bios settings, and attempted to try the AC97 input as well. When the AC97 header was plugged in, the headphones were recognised, but the mic was not.

So my question is: is this lack of volume due to either a motherboard or front panel error, or am i missing something? The case is a new purchase, so I assume it will still be under warranty. Any suggestions?

PS. I am in Melbourne Australia, incase anyone needs to know :) 
!