Irvinlee10

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Hey guys I need help, I am building my own computer for the first time and I managed to finish it, however, when I plug in the wires for my monitor, there is no image display on screen. Here is my list of compoinent:

CPU: AMD Bulldozer FX-4100
PSU: Corsair CX430w
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3.0
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GT 440 1GB PCI-E Graphics Card
Ram: 8gb Corsair Vengenance Memory unit
Case: Antec 300 Midi Tower

When I opened the case everything else seems running fine, except from the graphics card, which from what I see its not working or connected because the fan is not spinning. And also I got this extra PCI-E 6pin plus 2 extra pin wire from the PSU but I could not find a slot for it. Please help first time building PC here.

Many thanks

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
No need for a 6pin connector, the card should draw only from the PCI slot. Make sure that any onboard graphics are turned off and that the card is fully seated.

Irvinlee10

Honorable
May 24, 2012

How do I make sure the onboard graphics are turned off? and when I tried to plug in my monitor wire on the back of my motherboard the same result no screen.

avi_in_lamborghini

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Plug the monitor's VGA cable in the graphics card and not in the Motherboard's VGA port. I think this is what u r facing, initially when u didnt installed the gfx card..it worked fine and when u installed the gfx card u ended up vd NO DISPLAY.
just plug out the cable from the mobo's VGA port n connect it to the gfx card's VGA port.
[^^^^^^^If this was not the case, try flashing ur mobo's bios vd the latest BIOS version avaliable ]
And, bdw GT440 do not require xtra Power from PCIE 6-pin connector.
thanks and good luck !!

it the mb bios. depending on your mb the first flash bios cant see the new fx chips. one bios rev for one model of your mb is 402 as the first bios for the fx chips the other is 0502. i would see if a friend has an older cpu chip or a shop that could help you flash the bios to the one that can see fx chips.

Irvinlee10

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Nevermind guys thanks for the reply :) Apparently my 8 pin connector can be split into two 4 pin, which one of them is used to plug in the ATX 4 pin slot on my MOBO :p Nice design to be fair. thank you all for the reply. :)

TRENDING THREADS