2 Red Lights on Sapphire Radeon HD 4850X2

LMMesto

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Alright, i've been searching around on the web. I just picked up this card and I believe it's not getting enough power, but i'm not certain. I'm running a whimpy 450w PSU in my build. Is the card fried or am i just not getting enough power?

Solution
You can remove the mobo from the case and try it on a wooded or glass surface. Do this only if you are comfortable with taking your system apart! I always use rubber washers between the board and the case as a precaution. Make sure the video card is seated correctly in the slot and the power plug is in and locked down.

As for the psu calculator, in Windows go to Start>Run type in dxdiag and run the diagnostics. It will give you enough info to help out, cpu brand, amount of ram, etc. Come close and see what you get.

slcmike

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/

Run thru this and see what you come up with.

Could be a short on the motherboard, is the mobo sitting directly on the case or do you have standoffs under it?

slcmike

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
You can remove the mobo from the case and try it on a wooded or glass surface. Do this only if you are comfortable with taking your system apart! I always use rubber washers between the board and the case as a precaution. Make sure the video card is seated correctly in the slot and the power plug is in and locked down.

As for the psu calculator, in Windows go to Start>Run type in dxdiag and run the diagnostics. It will give you enough info to help out, cpu brand, amount of ram, etc. Come close and see what you get.

Solution