Sign in with
Your question

Question about my cpu fan

Last response: in Components
November 28, 2012 2:03:00 PM

hear is the deal, when i start my pc the fan runs, then i get cpu fan error and it stops, so i unplug the cpu fan and try again, still get cpu fan error but the fan keeps working. idk what the problem is, to me it just sounds like a poor connections but would like someone else's opinions (btw i just got new mobo and cpu for my computer so they should be fine.) i have never used the stock cpu cooler and heatsink as when i got the mobo i right away installed my after market cpu cooler, i cant tell you if this was a issue with my old mobo because it was not compatible so i had to wait to get a new mobo to use it. the cooler is the alpine 64 pro

Thanks in advance!

More about : question cpu fan

a b à CPUs
November 28, 2012 2:33:32 PM

Got to bios and check the pc health (or whatever it is called) page. The minimum rpm setting for the cpu fan might be to high for your model.
November 28, 2012 2:43:33 PM

Is it a 3 pin or 4 pin? Are you connecting it to the cpu_fan pins or the sys_fan pins? What happens if you go into BIOS first, does the fan work fine? What do you mean by fan error.....you get an actual message, or a beeping sound - or you visually notice that the fan doesn't spin?
Related resources
November 28, 2012 4:17:41 PM

Im connecting it it cpu_fan, the cpu fan error appears even when it is working, i have the side of my case open. im not sure about when i go into the bios.
a c 82 à CPUs
November 28, 2012 4:41:51 PM

I expect it stops and then you get the cpu fan error.
November 28, 2012 5:28:01 PM

13thmonkey said:
I expect it stops and then you get the cpu fan error.

sometimes it does not stop but i still get the error. but i get it EVERY time i boot no metter what
November 28, 2012 5:40:06 PM

You know the questions I asked actually matter, so please answer them. 3 pin or 4 pin, what is the error message - in Windows, or do you have a motherboard numerical error panel? You should definitely go into BIOS and under "system health" or something like that, where you can view the temps, you should see what's going on. What is your mobo....what is the fan model? Come on for diagnostics we need at least the essentials.
November 29, 2012 1:17:29 PM

omnimodis78 said:
You know the questions I asked actually matter, so please answer them. 3 pin or 4 pin, what is the error message - in Windows, or do you have a motherboard numerical error panel? You should definitely go into BIOS and under "system health" or something like that, where you can view the temps, you should see what's going on. What is your mobo....what is the fan model? Come on for diagnostics we need at least the essentials.

okay i will answer firstly i would like to say im not so good with pc so bear with me, it is 4 pin, its the alpine 64 pro, the error message is "CPU fan error!" im not sure what you mean by in windows and that, but i get the error after my mobo splash screen. my motherboard is Asus M5A78L-M USB3 got 8gb ram and 750w psu
November 30, 2012 1:07:58 PM

Here is somthing maybe very important to the issue, so today i thought i would try to troubleshoot some of my devices to see if they are the problem, so i umplugged my mouse and keyboard, bam no problem. now i want there to work together because i dont want to unplug and replug every time, i dont want to get new mouse and keyboard because mine are expensive t-t
December 1, 2012 7:46:35 AM

what i posted before is no longer true, it just seems to be random
!