My video driver wont update

csevruk

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Hello,
Does anyone know where I can get a free compatible video card driver? My driver won't update, so I need to install a new one.

csevruk

Honorable
May 24, 2012

I'm not sure what the name of it is, is says generic video controller. I don't know where else to look. It says it out of date, it has a yellow question mark next to it. I have tried to install other drivers, but it always stops in error.

csevruk

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Man, this stinks. When I downloaded AMD Driver Autodetect, it doesn't stay open. I click on it to open it & it flashes on the screen then goes away. Can someone help me with that?

csevruk

Honorable
May 24, 2012

I am using a Toshiba Satellite A105-S2201 Notebook

The reason why the AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification Tool failed for you is because it is not compatible with Toshiba notebooks as stated by AMD.

AMD provides a link to Toshiba's website where you need to navigate through the downloads and you arrive at the driver, I posted a link to, in my previous post above.

csevruk

Honorable
May 24, 2012

Thank you for your help. The download went thru fine, but it still says it's out of date when I try to play a game. It's my son's laptop & he plays games thru a program called Steam. When I try to launch the game, it says my driver is still out of date. Is there a better version of the graphics card?

Did you install the driver after you downloaded it?

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
The browser you downloaded it in should have a download bar, or download window. The driver will be in there for you to easily launch it.

Also, if you're using Firefox, you can just press control J to open the download window.

Which web browser did you use to download the driver file? Microsoft Internet Explorer or Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox or something else?

Did it ask you where you wanted to save the file to? If it did then try to download the file again and write down the drive and path name so you'll know where its stored.

csevruk

Honorable
May 24, 2012

It's IE8, I'll try to find it.

csevruk

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Ok, so I guess I did download it the first time. It is still saying out of date. I actually think that is the one I already had. I need to find the most updated. Thank you so much for all your help. Not sure where to go from here.