Sign in with
Your question

Fujitsu lifebook AH531 i5 graphics card upgrade.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 24, 2012 8:28:43 PM

Hi there,
I'd like to upgrade my current integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics card to a GeForce GT 440 GDDR5. My friend (who knows a shedload about computers) said that it would be a relatively straightforward upgrade. Is this possible?
Many thanks!
a c 1362 U Graphics card
May 24, 2012 9:19:29 PM

Laptop, no it is not a straight forward upgrade! The card you mention is a desktop part and most laptops are not upgrade able at all (applies to yours as far as I can see on the web)!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 24, 2012 9:31:04 PM

Normally you don't buy laptops to do heavy gaming.

Most laptops can do some light gaming with lowered detail settings.

You might be able to upgrade but it depends on many different factors. Some companies allow it, others do not (via BIOS). But the real answer as rolli59 mentioned is that you cannot.

Since you only have the iGPU - most likely you do not even have an MXM slot which is required for most "gaming" laptops.

I think your friend needs to read up on computer stuff - you said he knows a lot, it appears he doesn't.
m
l
May 25, 2012 10:38:59 AM

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!
Big question is, what do I do now if I want to upgrade it? I don't do heavy gaming, and certainly not the more graphics dependent games (such as Crysis 3 and Mass Effect etc.). Main issue for me right now is that my copy of the original DiRT is running on lowered graphics setting (1280 x 800 I think, with medium detail + shadows), yet the frame rate isn't that great.
Thanks again!
m
l
!