Does my mobo support that cpu?

HR7

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
hey, my mobo is asus basswood p965 and the processor is E6750 and will arrive next week. Meanwhile, i just noticed that the mobo support only core 2 duo E6x00. does that mean the E6750 are not supported?

Solution

TDP refers to the maximum power a CPU will pull at stock settings. If you install a 125w TDP chip in a board that can only handle 95W TDP, you could have problems.

Every BIOS update I have ever done was with the help of the MB maker's instruction manual. -So I'm not sure how you would do one on your board. (It varies from one maker to the next)

You probably won't need an update though because your upgraded chip is from the same Conroe "family" as others that your bord recognizes already.

I'm not 100% sure it will work, but the risk is small enough that I would try the update if I were in your position. (All signs point to it working)

Z1NONLY

Distinguished

TDP refers to the maximum power a CPU will pull at stock settings. If you install a 125w TDP chip in a board that can only handle 95W TDP, you could have problems.

Every BIOS update I have ever done was with the help of the MB maker's instruction manual. -So I'm not sure how you would do one on your board. (It varies from one maker to the next)

You probably won't need an update though because your upgraded chip is from the same Conroe "family" as others that your bord recognizes already.

I'm not 100% sure it will work, but the risk is small enough that I would try the update if I were in your position. (All signs point to it working)

Solution