windows explorer

April 2, 2005 10:46:32 PM

Is there a way to have the "C" drive folder open automatically instead of My
Documents, when I open windows explorer?

thanks, Bonnie

More about : windows explorer

Anonymous
April 2, 2005 10:46:33 PM

Edit the shortcut's "Target" to read
%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,C:\

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Bonnie"wrote:
| Is there a way to have the "C" drive folder open automatically instead of
My
| Documents, when I open windows explorer?
|
| thanks, Bonnie

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 12:08:58 PM

As Dave said. Here is some more info:

By default, Windows Explorer always opens with My Documents. Customize it by
changing the properties for the Windows Explorer icon and replace the Target
field with: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, c:\yourfolder

1. Right click on the icon you use to launch Explorer and select Properties.
2. In the Target box, type:

%SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /e, path

Where in place of path above you should enter the actual path to the
directory you want open by default. For example C:\Windows, or C:\Documents
and Settings, etc. To have My Computer listed as the default selection, type
explorer.exe /e,

Explorer.exe Command-Line Options for Windows XP

Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP

Have Windows Explorer Default to the %SystemRoot% Drive When Started:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Bonnie" <me@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o LydnSixYLVGs9LfRVn-vQ@comcast.com...
> Is there a way to have the "C" drive folder open automatically instead of
> My Documents, when I open windows explorer?
>
> thanks, Bonnie

Related resources
April 3, 2005 12:08:59 PM

Thank you Dave and Ramesh. I did need the detail provided by Ramesh.

Bonnie
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 12:10:12 AM

Glad to help Bonnie.