windows explorer

Is there a way to have the "C" drive folder open automatically instead of My
Documents, when I open windows explorer?

thanks, Bonnie
4 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer

    Edit the shortcut's "Target" to read
    %systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,C:\

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Bonnie"wrote:
    | Is there a way to have the "C" drive folder open automatically instead of
    My
    | Documents, when I open windows explorer?
    |
    | thanks, Bonnie

    As Dave said. Here is some more info:

    By default, Windows Explorer always opens with My Documents. Customize it by
    changing the properties for the Windows Explorer icon and replace the Target
    field with: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, c:\yourfolder

    1. Right click on the icon you use to launch Explorer and select Properties.
    2. In the Target box, type:

    %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /e, path

    Where in place of path above you should enter the actual path to the
    directory you want open by default. For example C:\Windows, or C:\Documents
    and Settings, etc. To have My Computer listed as the default selection, type
    explorer.exe /e,

    Explorer.exe Command-Line Options for Windows XP

    Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP

    Have Windows Explorer Default to the %SystemRoot% Drive When Started:

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Bonnie" <me@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to have the "C" drive folder open automatically instead of
    > My Documents, when I open windows explorer?
    >
    > thanks, Bonnie

    Thank you Dave and Ramesh. I did need the detail provided by Ramesh.

    Bonnie

    Glad to help Bonnie.

    --

    > Thank you Dave and Ramesh. I did need the detail provided by Ramesh.
    >
    > Bonnie

Configuration Windows Explorer Microsoft Customization Windows XP