Solved

Decent Monitor?

Hello! I'm not exactly sure where this thread should go, but I figured it relates to building PC's as it's part of it. Anyways, I bought this TV for about $250 probably 3-4 years ago. I know it's not a great gaming monitor, as it is old. But my question is, is it still good and will it work? I plan to upgrade it eventually but for my first build, I'd like to spend the $150 for a monitor elsewhere(I actually don't have an extra $150 to spare). So yes, here it is. Thanks in advance for looking!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/619695-REG/Samsung_LN22B350F2DXZA_LN22B350_22_720P_LCD.html
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about decent monitor
  1. Best answer
    Yes you can use the tv for your monitor and you can use the HDMI connection.
  2. inzone said:
    Yes you can use the tv for your monitor and you can use the HDMI connection.

Thank you for the response! Okay. Now...I use HDMI? I'm a bit confused. Normally monitors have a blue plug in on the back, you plug it in and then you screw it in with attached thumbscrew type things. I don't use that but rather and HDMI cable? My TV supports both, it's labeled "HDMI IN" and "PC IN" so yeah just a little confused on the purpose of each one and which one I need.
  3. I had said the HDMI because it was the better connection but you can use both , unless you have an older video card you won't have that blue connector on the video card and you will have to use an adaptor.
  4. Wait...I can use both :O Will that lead to a better connection?
  5. No, when I said both I ment that you could use either of them , using both at the same time will not lead to a better connection.
  6. Ah alright. You said earlier the HDMI will lead to a better connection. So I will buy one of them, thanks!
  7. Best answer selected by Geicojacob.
  8. The HDMI is a digital connection and even if you don't need to use the audio portion of the cable the video is digital and will give you the best oportunity for a better picture.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Monitors Systems