Solution
That's right and the back of the motherboard has those options that I posted in the first post I did. If you look at the back panel of the motherboard you see a group of 6 colored connectors and those will provide audio to a variety of things like speakers and headphones. Then if yo look at the other end of that panel you'll see a single orange connector and that is the coaxal digital out , you can use that to transmit the audio signal to a reciever that has the same orange connector and says coaxal digital in. Aslo on the motherboard just below the coaxal connector is the optical spdif connector and that is also a digital signal out and can go to the reciever that will have the same style connector and will say optical digital in.
If...
You can use one of these connection ports.

1 x Coaxial SPDIF port
- 1 x Optical SPDIF port

There is also a digital out port in the group of 6 ports here;

1 x 6 in 1 audio jack

If your going to run the HDMI video cable to this reciever and then to the monitor you can use the HDMI cabl to run audio also. So you have sveral options and if you are onl going to run the audio to the reciever then either the coaxal or the optical spdif connectors would be the choice.

MhtWFutwv

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

Can you give a link to a specific product that does that? I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

I thought about doing it with the two HDMI cables that way, but I wasn't sure if it would effect my monitor speed and performance by routing it through the receiver. The sound card on the motherboard is supposedly superior to the average one and I also wasn't sure if it would utilize that card if I wired it that way because the HDMI cable comes out of the video card.

If you have a seperate sound card then on the bracket of the sound card there should be a digital audio out and you would connect to that port and then to the reciever. Your initial post did not mention a sound card.
You don't have to route the HDMI through the reciever just go direct to the monitor.

MhtWFutwv

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

I don't have a separate sound card, it's a part of the motherboard, but it seems to flow through those 6 ports on the back of the motherboard from my understanding. If I take the HDMI directly from the video card to the monitor then I still have to have a way to get the sound into the receiver.

That's right and the back of the motherboard has those options that I posted in the first post I did. If you look at the back panel of the motherboard you see a group of 6 colored connectors and those will provide audio to a variety of things like speakers and headphones. Then if yo look at the other end of that panel you'll see a single orange connector and that is the coaxal digital out , you can use that to transmit the audio signal to a reciever that has the same orange connector and says coaxal digital in. Aslo on the motherboard just below the coaxal connector is the optical spdif connector and that is also a digital signal out and can go to the reciever that will have the same style connector and will say optical digital in.
If you have the owners manual for the reciever it will show you how to use those ports.

Solution