Solved

GTX 560 Ti now or GTX 650 Ti later?

Well, it seems like Kepler's certainly been a big hit, with GTX 670s performing better overclocked than a stock 680. My only (and main) concern is Nvdia's lack of a midrange Kepler card. I'm currently running a GTX 460 SE on my system, and although it plays BF3 on High at 1440x900 (my native resolution) fine, I keep feeling that I could use a bit more. A GTX 560 Ti would definitely suit my needs, but I don't want to buy a card that's already a year old out of the box. Any suggestions? AMD has some nice offerings, but their 7850s seem a little expensive.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about later
  1. well depending on where you live, in my place a sapphire 7850/'7870 is cheaper than a gtx 660 ti and even the 660 at least to the couple of shops that has it.
  2. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-geforce-gtx-650-benchmark,3297-7.html.

This is a pretty good review of the 650ti. Just make note that this is a 660 review as well. For battlefield 3, the 650ti is blowing the 560ti out of the water, and its cheaper.

Hope this helps!
  3. 1. The link didn't work.

2. The 650 Ti is not out yet.
  4. Sorry about the Ti on the 650. The 650 is out, but you are correct that the 650Ti is not out.
    Here is another link, hopefully this one works.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-geforce-gtx-650-benchmark,3297.html
  5. I'm in the same boat man, the GTX 650 was kind of a disappointment so I'm waiting on a potential 650 ti. Word is that it will use the GK106 core and have 1 SMX unit disabled from the GTX 660, so it should definitely be a pretty good performer, like around a 560 ti. Unfortunately, no one knows when it's coming out, if it even is.
  6. Ironslice said:
    I'm in the same boat man, the GTX 650 was kind of a disappointment so I'm waiting on a potential 650 ti. Word is that it will use the GK106 core and have 1 SMX unit disabled from the GTX 660, so it should definitely be a pretty good performer, like around a 560 ti. Unfortunately, no one knows when it's coming out, if it even is.

Why not just get a 560Ti then? :lol:
  7. Well, I finally buckled down and bought a 660 Ti, despite how much Tom's Hardware (and its members) have been hating on it. It plays all my games on max (save Metro 2033) at fantastic framerates and I got a free copy of Borderlands 2. Good enough for me, IMO.
  8. Best answer
    The 660Ti is an excellent card. I'm looking at upgrading my gpu, but I think that I'm just gonna wait until black friday deals come around. I'm hoping that the 660Ti comes down to 660 price, but if it doesn't I'm gonna spring on the 660 because I think its a better value. The 660Ti is more future proofed though.
  9. Best answer selected by themissingpiece.
  10. themissingpiece said:
    Best answer selected by themissingpiece.

nThank you! :)
  11. based on the rumored spec i assume the 650ti will perform identical to gtx560ti and of course with much lower power consumption. but it might surpass 560ti when overclocked. btw happy gaming with your new 660 ti :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Battlefield Resolution Graphics