ADVICE Please!!!!!

Okay, so i am a 16 year old teenager, into gaming! I am building my first computer, which i will be using for gaming. I have a laptop, and play some games, but want to expand my gaming experience. My dad works for IBM, and has built many computers, but not any modern ones. So i did my research, (As much as i hope i need,) and i got help from some helpful people (Shout out to @devilofdeaths !!). :kaola: So, if you guys have any recomendations, (remeber i am on my current budget of about $1,300) please reply. So here you go:

My Build:

Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504
Graphics Card: GIGABYTE GV-R785OC-2GD Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125419
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148834
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233186
PSU: COOLER MASTER GX Series RS650-ACAAE3-US 650W ATX12V v2.31 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171052
DVD ROM: LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106289
CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
Wireless Adapter: TP-LINK TL-WN722N Wireless Adapter High Gain IEEE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Up to 150Mbps Wireless Data Rates Support 64/128 bit WEP, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, Wireless MAC Filtering
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704045
Monitor: ASUS VS Series VS228H-P Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 50000000:1 (ASCR)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236176
Keyboard: Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlighting Gaming Keyboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126087
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986


That is about it, my build i am hopping to get. Please let me know if i missed anything, or if you have any recommendations. Thank you!

(Yes, I am getting this all from newegg.) So, THANK YOU for the help. :hello:
62 answers Last reply
More about advice please
  1. you have a good build for$1000 except the case and this is a bias opinion i believe that the CM haf series have better cooling and better quality but besides that the only thing that i would recommed is to get a 7850 instead of a 560ti the 7850 is faster and only a couple bucks more
  2. devilofdeaths said:
    you have a good build for$1000 except the case and this is a bias opinion i believe that the CM haf series have better cooling and better quality but besides that the only thing that i would recommed is to get a 7850 instead of a 560ti the 7850 is faster and only a couple bucks more

    Thankyou for replying, would you mind sending me a link. I am a little unsure of what 7850 video card you are talking about. I think maybe the asus..? And the CM half series, would you mind finding me a link one of there products too please? Thankyou.
    Edit: I am looking at the 7850, and it looks good. I'm now leading toward getting this card.
  3. devilofdeaths said:

    Thank you for your time! I appreciate it!
  4. if you could make my answer the best answer please
  5. devilofdeaths said:

    But with the case you sent me, that case has 2 fans. I was getting my current case because it has 5 fans, and it would cool my pc really well. Do you think it isn't worth the extra money?
  6. if you get a 200mm fan and put in the front it will be quiter maybe not the coolest but with the money you saving on the haf912 you could buy the fans but i did say that the haf series is a good case and that was my opinion if you want a differant case its your choice i just like the haf cases
  7. devilofdeaths said:
    if you get a 200mm fan and put in the front it will be quiter maybe not the coolest but with the money you saving on the haf912 you could buy the fans but i did say that the haf series is a good case and that was my opinion if you want a differant case its your choice i just like the haf cases

    Okay, Thankyou. Would you mind looking over 2 more builds real quick..? Lol.
  8. sure throw then at me
  9. devilofdeaths said:
    sure throw then at me

    Okay, these are on strict budgets..

    First Build $850 or $890 MAX:

    Case: Fractal Design Core 3000 ATX Mid Tower Computer Case w/ 3 Fans
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352010
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131824
    Video Card: EVGA 01G-P3-1460-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130660
    PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233144
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136769

    I didn't spend as much time on this one as my other one, but this is for my friend who also wants to game on it. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!
  10. SxPochi said:
    Okay, these are on strict budgets..

    First Build $850 or $890 MAX:

    Case: Fractal Design Core 3000 ATX Mid Tower Computer Case w/ 3 Fans
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352010
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131824
    Video Card: EVGA 01G-P3-1460-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130660
    PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233144
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136769

    I didn't spend as much time on this one as my other one, but this is for my friend who also wants to game on it. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

    change the case to a haf912 please and change the corsair vengeance to low profile and if you could add a CM hyper 212 plus or even evo because that cpu is great for OCing oterwise that is a great $900~build
  11. Okay, changing the case, and adding the CM hyper plus, can i have a link to the low profile though please?
  12. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233186 the reason i add the low profile version is because the bigger versions cant really get under the hyper 212 plus
  13. devilofdeaths said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233186 the reason i add the low profile version is because the bigger versions cant really get under the hyper 212 plus

    Okay, thanks! Ready for the next build?
  14. yes
  15. what monitor do you have.
    If you're spending money for a new gaming PC.

    In terms of enjoyment, you should have a good monitor to enjoy it on. Same with a good keyboard and mouse. Otherwise that is your bottleneck for enjoyment and you are just building to get synthetic benchmark stats.

    I would also like to suggest from a social perspective, that you consider what is the most fun. With that same $1000 you can buy a few consoles and a crapload of games, especially if all your friends cannot afford new computers.

    Or if you are set on pc-gaming, get a laptop so you guys can actually play together....
  16. this is for his friends not himself and please just go play your little kiddy consoles the grown ups are talking about big boy stuff
  17. Okay, this build is at its basically MAX price.. it would be nice to go a little cheaper. It would be nice to get this one to $850, or if possible a little cheaper. But if it is worth it, $900 can due.

    Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case :D
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131824
    Video Card: EVGA 01G-P3-1460-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130660
    PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020
    Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233144
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136533
    DVD ROM: LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106289

    Thank you! :bounce:
  18. 1.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161389 this card is cheaper and better than the 560
    2.like the case choice
    3.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148834 same price hard drive but 2tb
    4.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293 same quality board for less and
    5. with the money you save i would really suggest a hyper 212 plus http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065 and finally 6.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233186
    so there you i hope your happy with my opinion :D
  19. sorry links dont wanna work
  20. raytseng said:
    what monitor do you have.
    If you're spending money for a new gaming PC.

    In terms of enjoyment, you should have a good monitor to enjoy it on. Same with a good keyboard and mouse. Otherwise that is your bottleneck for enjoyment and you are just building to get synthetic benchmark stats.

    I would also like to suggest from a social perspective, that you consider what is the most fun. With that same $1000 you can buy a few consoles and a crapload of games, especially if all your friends cannot afford new computers.

    Or if you are set on pc-gaming, get a laptop so you guys can actually play together....

    Go away, you are not welcome here..
  21. so how do you like it
  22. devilofdeaths said:
    1.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161389 this card is cheaper and better than the 560
    2.like the case choice
    3.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148834 same price hard drive but 2tb
    4.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293 same quality board for less and
    5. with the money you save i would really suggest a hyper 212 plus http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065 and finally 6.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233186
    so there you i hope your happy with my opinion :D

    Yes, thank you! I made all the changes you have told me to make so far! But now, i was wondering if you could look over my build.. and see if there are any other recommendations you have, because you seem to have quite a lot for the other builds. :D
  23. sure shoot btw how much did/do you have to spend
  24. devilofdeaths said:
    sure shoot btw how much did/do you have to spend

    On my build, my budget is about $1,000 or $1,050. I'd say $1,100 would be pushing it a little so.. yeah.. lol.
  25. ok just wanted to know now what are your builds specs
  26. devilofdeaths said:
    ok just wanted to know now what are your builds specs

    Oh wait... i am not talking about my current build! I have a laptop right now.. lol. I was asking if you had any other suggestions for my new soon to be build, the first one i posted. :whistle:
  27. stupid links
  28. But as one last request, can you recommend me a fan to put in my case, for future reference. Because i think i'll put another fan in my case. Thanks!
  29. it but one suggestion get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227726 its a ssd if you save up and get this you will thank me if you put windown plus steam on here windows will load up in 5-10 seconds and lets say bf3 will open in about 3 seconds because its so fast please save up before you build
  30. Thanks In Advanced, i am one of sxpochi's friends and i appreciate the help.
  31. devilofdeaths said:
    it but one suggestion get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227726 its a ssd if you save up and get this you will thank me if you put windown plus steam on here windows will load up in 5-10 seconds and lets say bf3 will open in about 3 seconds because its so fast please save up before you build

    Okay, i will be looking into that, but what is it exactly? And what is windown plus steam?
  32. by steam do you mean the game market thing?
  33. windown is windows mispelled btw 200mm fan in the frant and a ssd is like a hard drive but faster and smaller i does not have the size capacity of a hard drive but it is great for your operating system and your games on steam or bf3 or whatever it loads them faster than a hard drive so if you are gaming a ssd is where its at i could have put one in your friends but not enough cash so the hard drive will have to do and thank you Arapple i try my best
  34. devilofdeaths said:
    windown is windows mispelled btw 200mm fan in the frant and a ssd is like a hard drive but faster and smaller i does not have the size capacity of a hard drive but it is great for your operating system and your games on steam or bf3 or whatever it loads them faster than a hard drive so if you are gaming a ssd is where its at i could have put one in your friends but not enough cash so the hard drive will have to do and thank you Arapple i try my best

    Oh, yes. And Arapple is getting the same exact computer as me, and i am building the others for my other 2 friends. But would you recommend getting the hard drive, or SSD?
  35. you always need a hard drive a ssd is just for windows and games it kinda a add on the the build the yes steam is well an organization onlinge that sell games(nothing like gamestop)
  36. yeah i had a feeling that was what you were talking about just wanted to clear it up.
  37. online* instead onlinge
  38. devilofdeaths said:
    you always need a hard drive a ssd is just for windows and games it kinda a add on the the build the yes steam is well an organization onlinge that sell games(nothing like gamestop)

    Aha, yeah.. we know what steam is, we play games on our laptops, but are looking for better performance. He was just wondering if that was the steam you were talking about. And okay, i see what you mean, i will concider getting that, i probably will because of the performance bonus you tell me about! :)
  39. well if you dont have the money its ok because all that it really does is load up games and windows its more of a covenience(cant spell) rather than a need
  40. Can you guys help me out? I posted but it got almost no views and 0 replies and it was 15 minutes before this post, yet this one got over 40 replies in 3 minutes.

    I was just wondering if my processor is compatible with my motherboard.

    Motherboard: SUS P8H61-M LX PLUS (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    Link to motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131793

    Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K Processor 3.3 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80623I52500K
    Link to processor: http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Core-2500K-Processor-1155/dp/B004EBUXHQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341471292&sr=1-1&keywords=intel
  41. held on i will look it up for you
  42. 1.i cant even find that board on asus and the rev 2.0 has nothing on cpu comparison so your kinda screwed
  43. devilofdeaths said:
    well if you dont have the money its ok because all that it really does is load up games and windows its more of a covenience(cant spell) rather than a need

    Right now i am looking at wireless adapters, and monitors and keyboards and all that fun stuff. Ill see if i have the money.
  44. 1.Mechanical keyboard all the way 2.get a solid 5 button gameing mouse got mine for $20 3.get a monitor with 120hz rate or above because if you dont that means that any frames above 60 will not be there 60 fps would be the max and 4. dont get a wireless adapter because your download speed and upload speed will be awful just get a ethernet cord its the fastest
  45. From sxpochi- he cannot run a hole through his ceiling to his router, so thats not really an option i guess.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product