Left Details Bar

Hi

I seem to have lost the left menu / details bar on my xp sp2 machine.

I have looked every but obviously missed the one place where it is.

If you're unsure which one i mean its the one with the links and options in
that was new in xp

All help greatly appreciated....i miss it dearly

Thanks

caffers
5 answers Last reply
More about left details

    I found the solution - for some reason my group policise on my machine had
    changed.

    I changed this by doing the following

    Start - Run - gpedit.msc

    then 'changed the removes the folder options menu item form the tools menu'
    from 'not configured' to 'enabled' then back to 'not configured' and it fixed
    it

    Thanks

    On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 17:35:01 -0800, caffers wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I seem to have lost the left menu / details bar on my xp sp2 machine.
    >
    > I have looked every but obviously missed the one place where it is.
    >
    > If you're unsure which one i mean its the one with the links and options in
    > that was new in xp
    >
    > All help greatly appreciated....i miss it dearly
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > caffers

    Folder Options> General: check box to enable common tasks pane.

    Also in Windows Explorer, look for a "Folders" button on the standard
    toolbar. Clicking this button toggles back and forth between folder view
    (aka "tree view") and the common tasks pane.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Thanks Sharon

    But.... Any ideas why that would be greyed out??

    I am admin and all that

    thanks

    That setting will be grayed out if ClassicShell is enabled.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555140

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 18:39:03 -0800, caffers wrote:

    > I found the solution - for some reason my group policise on my machine had
    > changed.
    >
    > I changed this by doing the following
    >
    > Start - Run - gpedit.msc
    >
    > then 'changed the removes the folder options menu item form the tools menu'
    > from 'not configured' to 'enabled' then back to 'not configured' and it fixed
    > it
    >
    > Thanks

    You're welcome and thanks for posting back and detailing the steps you used
    to fix this. Helpful feedback for anyone else with the same problem that
    might happen across this thread.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User