Sign in with
Your question

Advice and Opinions on this Choice between Setups!

Last response: in Systems
July 18, 2012 6:34:02 AM

Hey guys, I was thinking about building or purchasing a custom built gaming desktop and I recently got enough cash for it, Now i was looking on local classifieds because sometimes built desktop deals there tend to be pretty solid. I came across 2 main setups which caught my eye, Now im torn between them. Its pretty much A weaker, Cheaper more outdated setup against a Stronger, more expensive, moderately up to date system. Enough of the talk, ill list off the specs and price

Desktop #1 Price $800

Case: CoolerMaster HAF922
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD
CPU: AMD 1090T BLACK EDITION 3.2GHZ 6 CORE
Video Card: ZOTAC NVDIA GTX460 1GB DDR5
RAM: 4GB DDR3
PSU: Ultra LSP750W
System: Windows 7 Ultimate
HDD: 2 TB
Monitor: 22 Inch LCD BENQ

Logitech keyboard and mouse also included

Desktop #2 Price $400

Motherboard - ASUS P7P55D
Processor - Intel® Core™ i5-750 Processor
GRAPHICS - BFG Maxcore 55 Geforce GTX 260 896 MB
RAM - 8 GB OCZ PC3 10666 platinum series
HDD - 250gb WD Caviar
Power Supply- 600 W OCZ600mxsp
Case - CoolerMaster HAF computer tower
Monitor - 19 inch TFT D19W1TA
OS - Windows XP 64-bit

Logitech keyboard and mouse included

So I leaning towards desktop #2 mainly because of the price, But you guys help me out, I haven't been in the pc gaming to heavily lately, trying to make a comeback! Alright So let me know what you guys think,

Thanks,
Daniel M
July 18, 2012 6:44:45 AM

No 1. Wouldn't touch No 2 unless it was less than 200. BUT, the PSU in 1 is rubbish, the GPU is very creaky and old and that OS overprices the whole system. I'd build a better system for 700. Both options are poor.
m
l
July 18, 2012 6:58:38 AM

Smeg45 said:
No 1. Wouldn't touch No 2 unless it was less than 200. BUT, the PSU in 1 is rubbish, the GPU is very creaky and old and that OS overprices the whole system. I'd build a better system for 700. Both options are poor.

Is No1 really that bad haha, the GPU ive read up on and a lot of people like it. it also includes a wide screen monitor which i dont currently own.

Any other opinions? trying to get as many as possible
m
l
!