internet connection icon missing from tray

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Computers
  • Internet Connection
  • Windows XP
April 2, 2005 12:13:58 PM

My computer crashed one morning and stated to install the XP CD and select
"r" at the setup. I only replaced the file:
c:\windows\system32\config\system, and now the icon that shows my internet
connection, is missing from the taskbar. How do i get that icon back? The
only way to disconnect from the internet is to reboot my computer.

Thank you,
Maxine

More about : internet connection icon missing tray

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 10:28:09 AM

[Start]
Settings
Network Connections
Right-click on your internet connection
Click Properties
Check the box next to "Show icon in notification area when connected"
Click [OK]

Austin M. Horst
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 8:36:39 PM

Austin,

Thank you for your reply. I seemed to have lost that folder "NETWORK
CONNECTIONS" somewhere. I did a search and my computer can't seem to find it
either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Maxine

"Austin M. Horst" <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [Start]
> Settings
> Network Connections
> Right-click on your internet connection
> Click Properties
> Check the box next to "Show icon in notification area when connected"
> Click [OK]
>

> Austin M. Horst

April 6, 2005 12:44:09 PM

Sorry I don't have the solution to this problem but I wanted to let you know
that this happened to a friend of mine and I will be watching to see if
anyone comes up with the answer.. it may not be relevant but at the same
time my friend lost all functionality from windows defragmenter, could you
check to see if this has happened to you too as it will help you to find a
solution and help my friend too.

cheers

Andy

"Maxine" <max@adiis.net> wrote in message
news:o VB$o5VOFHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Austin,
>
> Thank you for your reply. I seemed to have lost that folder "NETWORK
> CONNECTIONS" somewhere. I did a search and my computer can't seem to find
> it either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Maxine
>

> "Austin M. Horst" <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> [Start]
>> Settings
>> Network Connections
>> Right-click on your internet connection
>> Click Properties
>> Check the box next to "Show icon in notification area when connected"
>> Click [OK]
>>

>> Austin M. Horst

Anonymous
April 6, 2005 4:44:50 PM

It's usually in Control Panel...do you have it there?

Keith

"Maxine" <max@adiis.net> wrote in message news:o VB$o5VOFHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Austin,
>
> Thank you for your reply. I seemed to have lost that folder "NETWORK
> CONNECTIONS" somewhere. I did a search and my computer can't seem to find it
> either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Maxine
>

> "Austin M. Horst" <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > [Start]
> > Settings
> > Network Connections
> > Right-click on your internet connection
> > Click Properties
> > Check the box next to "Show icon in notification area when connected"
> > Click [OK]
> >

> > Austin M. Horst

April 7, 2005 6:56:16 AM

Hi all,

Try: Restore Volume and Net Icon to Notification Area (Line 320)

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com