FPS drops in Games after installing 2 safe programs

spirates

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Hello.

Last night I installed two programs, one called honor buddy, which is a WoW bot, and the other tortoise.

When I later started WoW (MMO Game), I got extreme FPS drops. I usually have 70-100 fps depending where I am, but now I can barely turn the camera without getting freeze lag/ massive fps drop for some seconds, then it goes back to normal fps for a few seconds and then it starts to freeze again. And as I said I normally have around 100 fps in this area.

If I dont move my camera and just walk forward I dont fps drop, but as soon as I do, I freeze..

So something happened when I installed these two programs, I do not think I've got a virus because I have not heard anything negative about the programs. I ran a scan for viruses and similiar with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and didnt find anything harmful.

I have removed both programs now but still have the same lag, have also tried to do a system restore to a day earlier but nothing helps.

So what can be wrong, can it be fixed without reinstalling windows? :fou:

win 7 64bit
asus sabertooth p67
asus GTX 560ti
intel I5 2500k

spirates

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

updated, see bottom of my first post

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Most bots are full of harmful things as well as keyloggers to steal your account. Also unless WOW has changed their TOS they are actually against their rules. And that bot may contain a new virus or keylogger not on the antivirus or malwarebytes database to search for and some of these programs make exceptions for themselves on the databases. I'd say your loss in FPS is because that is running in the background transmitting your info to the creator of the bot. I suggest uninstalling asap and changing your password as well.

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
I didn't realize you installed 2 bots >_< There is no such thing as the easy way to do anything you'll belucky if your account is not stolen but thats the least of your worries as your personal details and credit card information may already of been sold a couple hundred times >_< On top of that it sounds like you may also need to completely install your windows fresh losing all your saved data. This is why i do not reccomend any bots and especially no cheating in mmorpgs.

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
I also question how you named this thread. "FPS drops in Games after installing 2 safe programs" You knew these were not safe or else you would not have had to try to justify your install here by saying they are safe in your topic. I strongly suggest contacting your credit card company to request a new card explaining what you did and the risk changing your passwords after a fresh reinstall of windows. And i hope you get off lightly but the more potential damage is there and could happen. Its always better to be safe then sorry.

mjohnson24

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
You need to reinstall Windows asap. And if i can make a suggestion or something and im sure others would agree is I play WoW myself but i grind and level honestly. Why do you need a bot to do something like that? Its called cheating plus on top of that most of those bots as previously stated are key loggers that send every key stroke you type from entering your password to other things on the computer outside of wow. Bots is nothing more than a tool to get private data from you on your computer. Change your password immediately but DONT do it on that computer, do it from one that you dont have any of that stuff installed.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
I'm going to LAUGH MY @SS off when you get banned. Farmers/bot farmers don't deserve to play only to cheat. For that i hope your computer burns and you have many many viruses.

guavasauce

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
dont listen to these clowns. its a game you payed for, play however you wish. to hell with their tos.

i bot in any mmo that requires endless click grinding. grinding is ghey. but in any case, use paypal to purchase your bot, and dont go to sights that google brings up first. do some research and read up on what your looking for, then look into getting a bot.

you said when you use the ingame camera the game lags, but if you just walk straight, theres no problems. this tells me you got something corrupted, or, the program is having trouble accessing the RAM entries it needs to run itself. iether way, yes, if you feel it needed, change all your info. also, you can start in safe mode and run a AV scan from a thumb drive. (needs to be a portable edition) you can also get a network monitor to see what is going/coming and where its going to. and finally reinstall windows. when you do get back online, look into running a virtual machine, or look into linux with wine.

if it was your network clogging up from the keyloggers and such, then the lag you get in game would be from everything around you, and you would be rubber banding.
ps, i dont play wow, not ever.

mjohnson24

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
spirates, were jsut trying to help you out dude. Were being honest, Blizzard will BAN you if they figure out that your using bots. They do have software that can figure out that stuff. i have friends that have tried that and have been banned from playing any blizzard game online especially wow plus their account was hacked. As with the previous post yes you can play wow how ever you want but your account will get hacked then when you try to get it back they will either figure that out at that point when they look at all the logs and all for your account or figure it out as people get on and start looking at all that stuff. They can do it, have done it and will do it I promise ya.

Try uninstalling the programs you installed one at a time and play wow and see which one is giving you the issue. Im going to guess its the bot program almost guarenteed.

Again were not giving you a hard time were just trying to help you and keep you from getting banned cause they can and will do it if/when they find out. Who knows you may get lucky but then you may not but in the end its your call on what you wanna do. And im sure others here will agree with me.

Skippy27

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009

Clearly MMO's are not for you then and you should find something else to do with your time that you would enjoy and that you can abide by the rules established.

It is clowns like you that continue to deteriorate the social fiber of this country.

And just remember - Blizzard are not stupid... they dont ban the instant they spot a new bot
They do the sensible thing... wait a bit... see who uses and then hit with a big ban hammer

So just becasue you are not immediately challenged... or that others say "I been using for ages and they dont know",
dont think you are safe.

Good luck - your going to need it :)

guavasauce

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010

Yes, skippy, video game rules are the basis for our social fiber. I think you need to follow you're own advise. Get outside and learn about real life though. Maybe even talk to real people, in person. Trust me, its very different from vent and chat log.

guavasauce - you are the reason many people dislike online gaming. Why buy a game to cheat - were you not loved as a child? - do you need some sort of validation? Yes in the real world some cheaters do prosper - I choose not to be one of them.
-Bruce

andywork78

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
After install BOT for your games.

Once they are installed the software it self change settings and config for best match for bot self.

However use does file will harm your pc and game + banned from game also.

Please best way to fix this is fresh reinstall windows and clean install WoW.

For more don't install does bot for your games.

It's not fun and it's not cool.

guavasauce

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010

Bruce- grow up. I won't even go into making fun of you.

lol @ validation. do you feel super empowered when you finish doing what ever it is you do in wow at end game? does it validate you? only to have it all mean NOTHING the next day at work?