Sign in with
Your question

Sci-fi looking PC cases?

Last response: in Components
November 28, 2012 11:42:13 PM

Hi guys,

What are some reasonably priced cases that look really cool? I get that you pick cases for accessibility and all that, but most of the cases I see look really boring. They're just big black/grey boxes without any style. What kind of options are there for a computer case that looks like part of borg cube? Something black with blue/green/red LEDs? Anybody know of any cases like that?

Thanks! I'd appreciate any help.

-Julian

More about : sci cases

November 29, 2012 3:19:25 AM

That would really depend on your price range, and what size case you are after (full tower, mid etc)
m
l
November 29, 2012 3:58:22 AM

Burgies said:
That would really depend on your price range, and what size case you are after (full tower, mid etc)

I'm primarily looking for a mid but I'm open to other sizes.
m
l
Related resources
November 29, 2012 4:17:00 AM

nukemaster said:
I think it is time to get into modding. I would LOVE to see a borg case.

http://modsreloaded.deviantart.com/art/Borg-PC-Case-283...

Alright I have to say, that's a pretty awesome case. Although I'm more looking for a borg computer looking thing rather than the whole cube itself. Given the opportunity I would buy the borg cube case though.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 29, 2012 4:21:10 AM

I think if you wanted something that specific you would have to mod or build your own case.

Closest case I can think of to the image your provided would be the HAF-X Nvidia edition, though that will easily rack up to $220.
m
l
a c 83 ) Power supply
November 29, 2012 3:04:12 PM

I would just get the most sci-fi looking case you can find then stuff it with some green fans/lights.

If you get get a small plasma plate(these suckers are high voltage(may cause interference) so don't remove it from its case.) it would look VERY cool in the side window. They even have some that take 2-4 AAA batteries. A 4 X AA would run off the computers 5 volt line just fine :) 

Just a Google link.
http://www.amazon.com/Can-You-Imagine-Pocket-Plasma/dp/...

Maybe some decals for the case or windows to help it along.
m
l
!