Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
Samsung HD103SJ SATA 2 3.0G/s
Sapphire radeon 6770HD 1GB Gddr5
Enermax 500W PSU
Antec Sonata 3

Wanted system:
Amd Phenom II X6 1100T
Intel SSD 300 series 120/250GB
Arctic Alpine 64 Pro For better Temps (currently on 75 / Stock)

Questions:

1- Will this upgrades Be noticable in the daily computer work:
Online/Offline Games
Multi tasking
Downloading(Torrent)

2- Will this system as it is now / after upgrade will have noticable bottleneck?

3- And of course the well known question, Is it worth it? Or better to start saving for a new system?

Main computer uses:
Online games
1080P Videos
High multitasking(Tabs,Windows,Programs etc.)

Thank you,

Natan

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
1) The SSD will be noticeable. (particularly at start-up and when you launch programs) You might notice the clock speed bump of the stock 1100t, but unless you are video editing or doing something else that can use the extra cores, the extra cores will just hold back your overclocking abilities.

It would be better to get a 4-core phenom BE and OC it to ~4Ghz. (Your VRM section will be happier too)

2) Don't think so, but I don't get too deep into this kind of calculation. Maybe someone else can chime in.

3) The SSD is worth it. (Even worth the hassle of migrating the OS) If you can get a 4-core Phenom II and OC to ~4Ghz for <$100 (including cooler) it would be worth it in my book.

Scott_D_Bowen

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Main Computer uses: Online games, 1080P Videos, multitasking.
- Assuming that is 'in order' then a quad-core processor is enough
- As above, there are better quad-core AMD CPU's than some of their six-core counterparts.

Your video card is a Radeon HD 6770?

You want to upgrade to a six-core processor, but not upgrade your video card from:
76.8 GB/s memory bandwidth (maximum)
Up to 1.36 TFLOPs compute power
TeraScale 2 Unified Processing Architecture
800 Stream Processors
40 Texture Units
64 Z/Stencil ROP Units
16 Color ROP Units

For example: http://www.hwcompare.com/12080/radeon-hd-6770-vs-radeon-hd-7850/

acolis

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
From this chart which processor will be the best in terms of speed/money/OC potential.
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3478

Regarding OC, never did something like this and i prefer doing it via software safely rather messing with the voltage manualy.

And if we talk OC is the mentioned cooler will be enough in terms of cooling/quiet:
Arctic Alpine 64 Pro For better Temps (currently on 75 / Stock)

Thank you,

Natan

BuddiLuva

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012

Can't speak for the Arctic Alpine, but I'd say go for the heatsink that everyone seems to be using at the moment, yet nobody is complaining about.

Try the Hyper 212 Plus/Evo.

Will give you huge difference in temps than stock heatsink

Z1NONLY

Distinguished

Just go for the fastest quad-core, "BE" Phenom II you can find. (availability is starting to dwindle)

That arctic pro just looks a little stronger than a stock cooler, but I would go with a 212+.

Be careful overclocking with software, it can result in more voltage, heat, and stress than the system needs.

acolis

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
What is "BE"?

The 212 will fit Antec sonata lll with radeon 6770HD in it?

And in conclusion:

Aphenom "BE" overclocked + SSD + 212 evo/pro will give me a noticable boost in overall perfomance (casual work/gaming/multi tasking)?

bretmh

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Amazing upgrade, I had the same processor very good.

sig.jpg