Sign in with
Your question

AMD fx 8350 disable cores

Last response: in CPUs
November 29, 2012 1:10:03 AM

Ok, so I was reading around internet and found that by disabling cores I can achieve less power consumption and higher clocks with better temps by disabling cores. So I went into my bios and put on the setting that disabled 1 core per module, making it, essentially, a high powered phenom x 4 that consumes less power. I oced it to 4.4 over the previous 8 core x 4 (4.2 with turbo). I tested rift:

Stock cpu I was getting as low as 17 fps on ultra settings with 18-20 actually players and a LOT of npcs (we were doing an onslaught.. its rift's version of Nazi zombies). Then when I disabled cores and disabled core parking and oced, I re-logged. There were now about 35+ players with the same amount of npc's and I was getting as low as 12 fps.. Is this an improvement considering the increased player count? it is hard to recreate the same circumstances in an mmo...

More about : amd 8350 disable cores

November 29, 2012 2:19:18 AM

konawolv said:
Ok, so I was reading around internet and found that by disabling cores I can achieve less power consumption and higher clocks with better temps by disabling cores. So I went into my bios and put on the setting that disabled 1 core per module, making it, essentially, a high powered phenom x 4 that consumes less power. I oced it to 4.4 over the previous 8 core x 4 (4.2 with turbo). I tested rift:

Stock cpu I was getting as low as 17 fps on ultra settings with 18-20 actually players and a LOT of npcs (we were doing an onslaught.. its rift's version of Nazi zombies). Then when I disabled cores and disabled core parking and oced, I re-logged. There were now about 35+ players with the same amount of npc's and I was getting as low as 12 fps.. Is this an improvement considering the increased player count? it is hard to recreate the same circumstances in an mmo...

Run some benchmarks, those dont change
m
l
!