Will this motherboard and computer case be able to support these compo

Hi, I've been thinking about purchasing computer parts and building a computer from scratch. I assembled a list of parts, but I do not know if they will all be compatible (two examples are that I am unsure about the motherboard's number of ports being sufficient and if it can work with this case) Also, I cant figure out if the parts all have the right number of pins, PCI-E slot, etc. At this point, I'm not too concerned with adapting my build, I just want to make sure there is no fatal flaw where some crucial parts will not fit together.
Given these parts, can I make a decent computer?

Motherboard: BIOSTAR H61MGC LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Processor: Intel Core i5 2400 Processor 3.1 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333MHz DIMM PC3-10666
PSU: Cooler master Power Supply 240-Pin 600 Power Supply
Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler
Wifi card: TP-Link TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
Monitor: Asus VE228H 21.5-Inch Full-HD LED Monitor
Case: Cooler Master Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower ATX Case
Graphics Card: Sapphire 11202-00-20G Radeon HD 7750 1GB DDR5 HDMI / DVI-I / DP PCI-Express Graphics Card
Optical Drive: Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW-24B1ST
Hard Drive:Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Hard Drive
Misc 1: StarTech 6-32 Brass Motherboard Standoffs for ATX Computer Case
Misc 2: AmazonBasics USB 2.0 4-Port Ultra Mini Hub

Thanks!
7 answers Last reply
More about will motherboard computer case support compo
  1. Yes the motherboard is micro ATX which will fit in the case. Processor has the same socket as the motherboard, you're good on that. I would change the PSU to a more reliable builder. The Hyper 212 will fit in the case, you may have to go with a smaller memory. You're good with everything else! I'd highly recommend changing the PSU brand. You only need about 320-350 watts for this set-up. get a quality 400 watt PSU if by change you want to OC via FBS. I wouldn't get anymore than that seeing there is no upgrading in this set-up except GPU. The 7750 should last you enough until you need to upgrade.
  2. Ok thanks! The only question that I have now is what do you mean by, "The Hyper 212 will fit in the case, you may have to go with a smaller memory"? Do you mean RAM or HDD space, and if possible, how could I avoid shrinking my memory?
  3. I mean you can keep the capacity of the ram but you might have to get smaller physical sized ram. Low profile ram like G.Skill Ares. Also by the quote I mean the hyper 212 will fit in your case. It is a really big cooler and some cases are too small for it. Likewise with the ram. Sometimes ram heat sinks are too big and they hit the cooler.
  4. Oh okay. Thanks for clearing that up!
  5. NP
  6. Do you think that this brand will work instead? Corsair XMS3 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 1333 MHz PC3-10666 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit
    The one that you recommended only was available in 1600 MHz, but that isn't supported on the motherboard.
  7. Yeah I think that's perfect.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Motherboards Systems