tinytim88

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
i currently installed a new visiontek hd 7970 3gb gddr5 gpu in my desktop but still get stuttering, poor frame rates in bf3. can anyone help? system info, amd phenom2x4 3.3 ghz, visiontek radeon hd 7970 3gb gddr5, 6gb ram 667 mhz, epower zumax 650 watt psu, 1920x1280 monitor, windows 7 64bit.

Solution
There are a number of things that it could be and to buy one part after another to see if it's that part causing the issue is an expensive way to trouble shoot. When you said still getting poor fps what did you mean by that ? Did you buy the video card because the previous video card was also giving you poor fps?
The possabilities are that the psu could be going bad , the motherboard is defective and the cpu could be on it's way out.
The system can be off balance because you have old components to go with the new powerhouse video card and I think that the video card is over powering the rest of the computer so that the cpu and ram are a bottleneck for that video card. The ram is running at 667mhz which is ddr2 speed.
The only thing that...
There are a number of things that it could be and to buy one part after another to see if it's that part causing the issue is an expensive way to trouble shoot. When you said still getting poor fps what did you mean by that ? Did you buy the video card because the previous video card was also giving you poor fps?
The possabilities are that the psu could be going bad , the motherboard is defective and the cpu could be on it's way out.
The system can be off balance because you have old components to go with the new powerhouse video card and I think that the video card is over powering the rest of the computer so that the cpu and ram are a bottleneck for that video card. The ram is running at 667mhz which is ddr2 speed.
The only thing that you can try to do is overclock the cpu and ram to see if you can get some of the bottleneck to stop chocking the video card.

Solution