How add entry to desktop's context menu?

How can I add an entry to the context menu I get when I right click
on the desktop?

The default menu contains: Arrange Icons By; Refresh; Paste; etc.
2 answers Last reply
More about entry desktop context menu

    Add or remove entries in the New objects list (ShellNew)
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnew.htm

    Add items to the New menu (aka ShellNew entries)
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnewadd.htm

    Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace
    objects
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

    Customize Context Menus

    Customize the right click context menus
    http://www2.technobabble.com.au/article182.html

    Creating Context Menu Handlers
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_int/shell_int_extending/extensionhandlers/contextmenuhandlers.asp

    Customizing Right-Click Menu Options in Windows
    http://www.jfitz.com/tips/rclick_custom.html

    Or here...
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_c.htm

    Scroll down to:
    Context Menu - Customizing Windows Explorer Context menu
    (right click menu in windows explorer)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:962D78A76BA9B51D7E@204.153.244.156,
    Bill Woods <woods_b@emercom.com> hunted and pecked:
    > How can I add an entry to the context menu I get when I right click
    > on the desktop?
    >
    > The default menu contains: Arrange Icons By; Refresh; Paste; etc.

    Hi Bill,

    If you want to add a new ShellNew entry, follow Wesley's post. OTOH, a
    context-menu handler is actually a program (DLL) and if you've programmed
    any, you need to add the GUID here, for it to appear when you right-click a
    blank area in the Desktop:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

    BTW, the only handler added by Windows is the "New" menu:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\New

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Bill Woods" <woods_b@emercom.com> wrote in message
    > How can I add an entry to the context menu I get when I right click
    > on the desktop?
    >
    > The default menu contains: Arrange Icons By; Refresh; Paste; etc.

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP