Repeat a repeater signal?

Arathbun87

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
Ok so this may be a bit far-fetched but I'm looking for advice or even a definite "heck no that won't work". Scenario: company got me a laptop and router and said "make it work, we fired our IT guy cause he broke more than he could fix". Ok that being said, my laptop resides in the workshop, in the top drawer of my toolbox towards the middle of a concrete and steel building. The office is about 200 feet away from the building. Office has a main "base station" wireless router and 3 wireless routings acting in repeater modes. At the side entrance to my building, I can pull down a fair-to-good signal from the closest repeater router( happens to be an Asus rt-n13u runnin wpa-psk[tkip] +wpa2-psk[aes] shared key). At my toolbox, nada. With my netgear wpn824v3 at the main entrance, my laptop can connect to it with a good signal, however I can't seem to configure my netgear to repeat the signal from the Asus. Is this even possible or am I barking up the wrong tree? Any helpful insite, suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Side note: it appears that the netgear disables all but wep as a security option when in repeat mode(which is done via config settings whereas the Asus has an external switch). And does not even allocate a field to enter the simple alpha password.

Thanks all,
--Aaron

Arathbun87

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
Ok, thankyou for the heads up, product recommend and the firmware/product links. I just ordered the Asus, I'll let you know how it turns out when I get it all configured. Thanks again, it is greatly appreciated.

Arathbun87

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
P.s. No hardwired network connection
In my building... They've since used the original hardwired system along with converter baluns to send the security camera feeds to the main office building... So
Inherently, destroying use of a perfectly working or usable system, in favor of a closed, short run, dedicated line setup for video.