folders

I'm not sure I am posting this in the right place but I'll try...I have
downloaded programs in the past and did one now for a webshot program from PC
World. When the download is finishing it says it was being downloaded to a
default folder. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Usually they come up and
ask if you'd like it to show as an icon but it didn't. I'm new to this and am
getting frustrated trying to find this and the other folders in the
default...Can you help me please.
2 answers Last reply
More about folders

    I think that default folder is a temporary folder which can be difficult to
    find [what exactly was that file name I downloaded?]. Rather than that:
    create a folder in "My Documents" with a name you can remember such as
    "Downloads", "Downloaded Stuff", "Keep", "whatever you like", etc; then be
    SURE to direct every saved download to that folder PLUS change the name [not
    the File Extension; you can change in front of the period (or dot), not
    after it occurs]. Then you do not have that "where is it" problem.
    Gene K
    "finding folders" <finding folders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:4D66B575-E2CB-4DB4-893E-06CA3F823E10@microsoft.com...

    "" wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:
    >I'm not sure I am posting this in the right place but I'll try...I have
    >downloaded programs in the past and did one now for a webshot program from PC
    >World. When the download is finishing it says it was being downloaded to a
    >default folder. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Usually they come up and
    >ask if you'd like it to show as an icon but it didn't. I'm new to this and am
    >getting frustrated trying to find this and the other folders in the
    >default...Can you help me please.

    Hit Windows and F keys simultaneously to bring up File Find. Type
    as much of the file name as you can remember in the window.

    When Windows finds the file, you can drag it to your desktop or
    wherever you like.

    Next time, before clicking "Save" on a download make sure you have
    navigated to thed directory where you want the file to be saved.
    Mos browsers will remember that for later sessions.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Configuration Default Customization Windows XP