Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is the AMD FX 6200 good for gaming?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 29, 2012 7:12:35 AM

i just brought an FX 6200 for $119 is it good for gaming? is it better than the AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE? also it will be paired with the AMD Radeon 7870. mostly be playing games like borderlands 2, battlefield 3 and the witchers 2 on a 1400 x 900 single display

More about : amd 6200 good gaming

a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 29, 2012 7:15:47 AM

Im thinking intel is better for gaming, not too sure on this as i dont have much experience with amd cores
m
0
l
November 29, 2012 8:15:02 AM

Nope. You won't see any difference in most games whether Intel or AMD.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 229 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
a c 137 À AMD
November 29, 2012 8:21:25 AM

If you overclock, yes its good.

If not, rather get an I3 in the same price range or spend a little more for an I5...
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
November 29, 2012 8:36:28 AM

camohanna said:
Im thinking intel is better for gaming, not too sure on this as i dont have much experience with amd cores


Seriously?

Quote:
just brought an FX 6200 for $119 is it good for gaming? is it better than the AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE? also it will be paired with the AMD Radeon 7870. mostly be playing games like borderlands 2, battlefield 3 and the witchers 2 on a 1400 x 900 single display


You would have been better off with a 6300 instead, however the 6100 will do fine. Especially at that resolution. The 965 BE would be better than a 6200, especially when overclocked however they both will do fine in gaming for that resolution.

I'd just like to tell you that the potential of the 7870 is wasted on a screen with that resolution. Rendering it pointless
Share
November 29, 2012 8:50:36 AM

BuddiLuva said:
Seriously?

Quote:
I'd just like to tell you that the potential of the 7870 is wasted on a screen with that resolution. Rendering it pointless
Quote:


hmm, what about a HD 7770 or dual 7770's in crossfire?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 29, 2012 9:03:07 AM

hood4r said:
hmm, what about a HD 7770 or dual 7770's in crossfire?


The 7770 is pretty poor, even in crossfire it would be a waste of money. If the 7850 is too expensive for you go with a 6870.
m
0
l
a c 229 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
a c 137 À AMD
November 29, 2012 9:08:02 AM

themegadinesen said:
Nope. You won't see any difference in most games whether Intel or AMD.


BuddiLuva said:
The 7770 is pretty poor, even in crossfire it would be a waste of money. If the 7850 is too expensive for you go with a 6870.


At such a low resoltution as the OPs the HD7770 is good enough, but yes if the OP has the extra cash to sped get the HD7850. The HD6870 is not really worth it anymore IMO
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 29, 2012 9:12:36 AM

Novuake said:
At such a low resoltution as the OPs the HD7770 is good enough, but yes if the OP has the extra cash to sped get the HD7850. The HD6870 is not really worth it anymore IMO


That's true, but I'm guessing he won't be staying with that monitor for long. Which If he does decide to change up to Full HD. That card will be causing serious problems.

So I just considered thinking a little into the future, but yeah if OP is going to stay with that monitor for long still, even a single 7770 should be OK.
m
0
l
November 29, 2012 9:25:48 AM

Best answer selected by HOOD4R.
m
0
l
!