Graphics card showing distorted images.

Hello forum,

A month ago, i bought a NEW XFX 8800GT on ebay.Yes it is new i confirm it.It has a large xfx cooler on it,not a small like the ones on the alpha dog edition.

As the cooler was large enough with a 90mm fan on it,i decided to overclock it as soon as i got it.

I clocked it to like from 600 - 700Mhz core / 1900-1950 mem / 1500 - 1760 shaders.

All worked fine , even with battlefield 3 ran up for 4 hours.

I live in India, temperature are going up.Today my room temperature was 45*C. I keep a check on my pc temps.
My q6600 goes upto 60* max on load and 45*c on idle.

My 8800gt goes to 75* max and 60* idle.

Suddenly all of a sudden when i was trying to start up battlefield 3,the game would crash on the load screen.After 2 tries
, to my horror , the system wont respond and i see strange distorted images on screen (battlefield loading but distorted).

Im a collage going student,i cant afford a new card for a long time as i already spent my funds on this card (got it for $60).

How do i fix this problem? Does the oven fix really work? and for how long will the oven fix do me?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about graphics card showing distorted images
  1. p.s there is no problem with colours, only bad images,pc wont boot after windows logo screen now.but runs fine on mobo graphics card
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics