Sign in with
Your question

Sound card for music production but not only

Last response: in Components
November 29, 2012 1:15:14 PM

Hello guys, I'm new here and I'd like to ask you a few questions.

I've decided to buy a new soundcard (internal or external), I'm not sure which one yet, that would be capable of doing these few things:

- support these speakers - blue sky exo2 2.1 . (I've read that not all audio interfaces support 2.1 systems, not sure if that's true, hence the question)

- provide really good sound when listening to music and watching movies. (are external soundcards good enough/designed to support games aswell?)

- I'll be using it to record my guitar/piano ocassionally but I won't be using it to record more than one instrument at the same time.

I'll be using it for making music aswell. I'm just an amateur. I'm composing using mainly virtual instruments, that's why I don't care about being able to record more than one live instrument at a time.

Could you suggest anything, please?

I was thinking about Focusrite Saffire 6 USB Audio Interface.

budget: up to 150$ and can stretch a little bit if neccesary.

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Dominic.
November 29, 2012 1:50:35 PM

I think you should consider a Pci-e solution for a sound card, it may be better in the long run as the latency will be much lower by using Pci-e interface. Usb may cause a bit more latency. If you planning to buy a sound card of up to $150 I would go that route.
November 30, 2012 9:49:49 AM

focusrite, prosonus and m-audio make excellent products
August 5, 2013 12:31:33 PM

M-Audio Audiophile 2496

I've had this card for 5 years not a single problem it's great ASIO latencies of 2ms in and OUT on CUBASE 6 Elements and Finale 2012a and NI Kontakt 5 (full version)
!