Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What PSU to pick?

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Gigabyte
  • Power
  • Thermaltake
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Share
November 29, 2012 1:28:53 PM

1.Thermaltake Litepower 700W W0356
2.GIGABYTE PSU 720W, SUPERB Power 24EPG-P61AC2
3.Fortron PSU AURUM GOLD 700W, PPA7001600
4.Chieftec Super,CFT-750-14CS,750 W

More about : psu pick

a b ) Power supply
November 29, 2012 2:27:12 PM

It's difficult to recommend a PSU without knowing the rest of the system specs. But Corsair and Seasonic appear to be at the top of the list of name brands to choose from (along with is few others of course.)
November 29, 2012 2:28:20 PM

Number 3 is a top-quality unit.
Related resources
November 29, 2012 2:32:56 PM

I would consider the fortron, but the rest are junk.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

Unable to find a review on the fortron (no time right now). Consider looking at other brands. Post your system specs and budget (and where you are buying from) and we can help find a solid PSU for your budget.
a c 308 ) Power supply
November 29, 2012 5:05:55 PM

Dostya said:
1.Thermaltake Litepower 700W W0356
2.GIGABYTE PSU 720W, SUPERB Power 24EPG-P61AC2
3.Fortron PSU AURUM GOLD 700W, PPA7001600
4.Chieftec Super,CFT-750-14CS,750 W


Hi - The FSP (#3) Aurum line has had several good reviews including
the 700w version. You may or may not need 700w, can't tell without
knowiing your sys specs.

Forget #'s 1,2 & 4.

Tom
November 29, 2012 5:30:21 PM

toyftw said:
Hi - The FSP (#3) Aurum line has had several good reviews including
the 700w version. You may or may not need 700w, can't tell without
knowiing your sys specs.

Forget #'s 1,2 & 4.

Tom

MB ASUS P8H67-M Sck.1155
HDD 3.5" 1TB WD Caviar Green SATA3 64MB 
DVD RW ASUS BLACK SATA
Intel Core i5 3570 3.4GHz
Cooler Master Case HAF 912 Plus
Kingston DDR3-1600 8GB PC3-12800
ASUS AMD/ATI Radeon HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2
a c 308 ) Power supply
November 29, 2012 5:55:29 PM

Dostya said:
MB ASUS P8H67-M Sck.1155
HDD 3.5" 1TB WD Caviar Green SATA3 64MB 
DVD RW ASUS BLACK SATA
Intel Core i5 3570 3.4GHz
Cooler Master Case HAF 912 Plus
Kingston DDR3-1600 8GB PC3-12800
ASUS AMD/ATI Radeon HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2


Hi - You don't need 700w (a good 550w will give you headroom),
but if your picking from your original list and it's within your
budget there's no harm in getting it. It will allow you to
CF in the future as it has 4 pci-e leads.

Tom
November 29, 2012 5:59:55 PM

toyftw said:
Hi - You don't need 700w (a good 550w will give you headroom),
but if your picking from your original list and it's within your
budget there's no harm in getting it. It will allow you to
CF in the future as it has 4 pci-e leads.

Tom

YAY!
I will CF next year!
Thank you, I own you one.
If you need help about ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't know anything special.
LOL
a c 308 ) Power supply
November 29, 2012 6:06:51 PM

Dostya said:
YAY!
I will CF next year!
Thank you, I own you one.
If you need help about ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't know anything special.
LOL



Gr8! - good luck with your new setup!
November 29, 2012 6:10:58 PM

toyftw said:
Gr8! - good luck with your new setup!

Time to get my lazy ass up and buy those thing, and the I have to put em together.
!