Nvidia Audio drivers fail to install

Scaleo

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Hello,

I have a problem, I removed all the Nvidia drivers for a clean setup for the new Nvidia drivers (301.42).
But when the Nvidia drivers are installed, it shows me that the ''HD Audio driver'' and some kind of other ''Audio driver'' failed to install.
How can I fix this?
Will this have a big impact on the amount of fps I get in games?

Please help me :(.

price_th

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
You may not have the right driver. Keep in mind that todays video card with HDMI have their own audio driver separate from your sound card/onboard sound. That driver comes with the video card but possibilly as a separtate driver download.

Scaleo

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012

How can I download the right driver?

some of nvidia vidoe cards can do hdim audio some cant. i would post the video card that you have now. the audio driver is only used if you have a htpc media box. if your playing games on a pc your onboard audio drivers take care of the sound. edit also the audio drivers wont intstall unless there newer then the ones on your hard drive.

Scaleo

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012

Well the problem with the audio driver is fixed, now the ''PhysX driver'' will not install.
Will this take away the fps in games?
And how can I fix this?

Scaleo

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012

CPU: Core 2 Duo E7600 @ 3.06GHz
GPU: GTX550 Ti
RAM: 4GB

the issues with nvidia is if you try and install and older driver over a newer one the install will fail. there newest driver is 301.x you have to look under there 600 line of cards if you do it by the 500 ser the older 29x drivers will pop up.