Sign in with
Your question

Prebuilt gaming PC for under $1000

Last response: in Systems
July 18, 2012 8:14:24 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a prebuilt computer under $1000 that can run newer games smoothly. Skyrim, Crysis, Battlefield 3, etc. Max settings aren't necessary, I just want to be able to play them without lag or the game looking terrible. Other than gaming, the computer will mainly be used for Photoshop, Fruityloops, and my tendancy to have 40+ internet tabs open at once.

I did Google before posting, however I've been hard pressed to find a good recommendation due to the "just build your own" crowd. So I don't mean to sound rude, but please --

I am not in any way interested in building my own. I don't care how much money I can save. I don't care how easy it is. Seriously. Please don't even bring it up.

That said, I would like the most inexpensive computer that can handle the things I mentioned above. Wireless connectivity, size, cool cases with pretty LEDs, etc all are of no concern to me. Just power and reliability. I'm open to using sites like CyberPower to "build" the PC, I just don't know what components to choose.

Sorry this is so long. Thank you all very much for any recommendations you have!

More about : prebuilt gaming 1000

July 18, 2012 10:32:20 PM

Ill be honest, you really cant. Its not that there arnt machines out there to do it, its the fact that if you dont know how to maintain, up keep, and simply set up your system, nothing will be good enough.

Its just like buying a car, you can get a $250000 Lambo, and if you dont change the oil ever 3000 miles, and get the air filter cleaned, and use 93 grade gas it wont even be able to race a geo metro.
m
l
July 19, 2012 5:54:10 PM

The Dell outlet is currently running a very good sell on their computers.

The link to the coupons is:
http://content.dell.com/us/en/dfh/d/campaigns/back_to_s...

I always though Alienware computes were wayyy overpriced, but the sale is curently for 20% off and free shipping. With the coupon and the outlet pricing, they come out very cheap for what you get. This one for instance:

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnlineSales/Online/Seconda...

is 20% off of $979 so $783 with free shipping. It has:

•Processor: Intel Core i7-2600 Processor (3.4GHz 8MB cache,with Hyper-Threading and Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
•Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT
•Alienware X51
•1 TB SATA II Hard Drive (7200RPM)
•8 GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz (2 DIMMs)
•Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BR-ROM, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)
•1 GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GT 545

I may be buying one myself. There is alot of other deals going on right now from that coupons page I linked.

Matt
m
l
!