Last response: in CPUs
November 29, 2012 1:47:30 PM

Hi guys,
Firstly my specs,
Intel i5 2500k (Not Yet Overclock)
Asrock extreme 3 gen 3
Msi Hawk N560Ti
Cooler Master Evo 212 Turbo

I am still puzzling about the cooling of my cpu. I started testing on it and was hoping there's was no problem apparently there was, it started out normal when idling it's around 30 - 36 degrees as i go on for long usage or gaming the other cores gain to 39 - 44 degree except for the first core it heated up to 70 degree. Is there any reason why does it get heated up to 70 while others stays at 40 - 44degree. Hope you guys could help me out!

Flexor

More about : installation evo 212

a c 103 à CPUs
November 29, 2012 2:05:51 PM

Unless whatever you where doing would only use 1 core and the turbo mode could kick in. But 70c is still not desirable, reseat the heatsink as it may not be covering all the cores correctly.
m
l
November 29, 2012 2:11:17 PM

das_stig said:
Unless whatever you where doing would only use 1 core and the turbo mode could kick in. But 70c is still not desirable, reseat the heatsink as it may not be covering all the cores correctly.

i was wondering whether i did apply too much after i mount it can still move it's weird . The 70c only happen when i first started testing on my new 212 evo, and then i did a test not long ago the 4 core went back to stable 40 - 44 c when gaming i still find it weird why did it went to 70c at first and later on it turn back normal.
m
l
Related resources
November 29, 2012 2:11:43 PM

das_stig said:

i was wondering whether i did apply too much after i mount it can still move it's weird . The 70c only happen when i first started testing on my new 212 evo, and then i did a test not long ago the 4 core went back to stable 40 - 44 c when gaming i still find it weird why did it went to 70c at first and later on it turn back normal.
m
l
November 29, 2012 2:13:53 PM

you can try to reapply the thermal paste, and then reseat the heatsink. don't forget to screw it tight :) 

I use one too and it didn't moved at all...
m
l
November 29, 2012 2:26:18 PM

chanelight said:
you can try to reapply the thermal paste, and then reseat the heatsink. don't forget to screw it tight :) 

I use one too and it didn't moved at all...

Alright i shall try removing it and put it back. Hope it will work ! :D 
m
l
December 3, 2012 2:26:00 PM

Hmm seem well , is this temp still ok?

idling

When gaming, is it too hot?
m
l
December 3, 2012 2:31:25 PM

umm... nope... it's still in normal range :) 
m
l
December 3, 2012 2:33:17 PM

You should be able to twist by about 1 or 2 degrees when it's mounted. It even says in the directions that after mounting you should twist it (very slightly) it both directions. To spread the paste a bit more I assume. I mounted my tightly and it still twists (made me nervous at first) but is running fine so you may want to try less paste as someone above said.
m
l
!