Sign in with
Your question

Someone PLEASE help me with Radeon 6670 Drivers :[

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 25, 2012 6:00:06 AM

I ordered this XFX Radeon 6670 card a few days ago so I could play Diablo 3.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I received it today and tried to install it but the driver keeps failing to install. I have installed/uninstalled the latest driver from AMD's site several times and I keep getting the error that the AMD Display Driver failed to install. When I restart my computer after uninstalling, am I supposed to let Vista automatically install drivers then uninstall those and install the AMD ones?

I have a HP Pavilion a6530f.

More about : radeon 6670 drivers

May 25, 2012 8:17:12 AM

just format your window and upgrade to window 7 32 bit it has nice support for a drivers and you resolve the problem of drivers
m
l
May 25, 2012 5:19:31 PM

Hey guys, I asked this in the graphics card forum but didn't get much help so I thought I'd ask here.

I have a HP Pavilion a6530f running on Vista and recently bought a XFX 2GB 6670 so I could play Diablo 3.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I received it yesterday and when I tried to install the drivers I kept getting fail to install errors. I've installed/uninstalled the latest AMD drivers several times now and it still doesn't work.

What I've been doing is uninstalling the drivers through AMD's catalyst thing, then going to to device manager where it's listed under Display Adapters as Standard VGA adapter and uninstalling it from there. Then when I restart the computer the computer automatically tries to install drivers but it always fails and there's a yellow exclamation mark on device manager. I delete that driver then install the AMD one, but it's not working. I've also used Driver Sweeper but that hasn't helped either.

Can someone what I need to do step-by-step to get this to work?
m
l
Related resources
a b À AMD
May 26, 2012 5:59:19 AM

Which drivers?
m
l
May 26, 2012 6:05:55 AM

I just bought the card and a new power supply, surely there's gotta be something I can do besides buy a whole new operating system
m
l
May 26, 2012 6:09:48 AM

I can't really do much right now, the screen is all stretched out and the colors look kind of washed out.

I downloaded the Radeon HD 6670 drivers from AMD's site. I've tried running the computer in safe mode and deleting the drivers then re-installing the drivers but nothing works. It always fails to install the "AMD Display Driver" and "HDMI/DP Audio Driver"
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b À AMD
May 26, 2012 10:22:03 AM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Can't install drivers for Radeon 6670
    m
    l
    May 26, 2012 11:29:18 PM

Please anyone? I'm really new at graphics cards and stuff, this is frustrating the hell out of me.
    m
    l
    May 27, 2012 12:02:35 AM

What happens when you try to install catalyst control center? Are you connecting the monitor to one of the ports of the graphics card or to the motherboard?
    m
    l
    May 27, 2012 12:31:56 AM

I'm connecting the monitor to the card. When I try to install the catalyst manager everything installs except for the "AMD Display Driver" and "HDMI/DP Audio Driver" which fail every single time. Then after the installation process I get an error message saying "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD harware."

After I uninstall and reboot the computer, am I supposed to let the computer try to install drivers first and then install the AMD drivers or do I just jump straight to the AMD drivers? I've tried both ways but neither seems to work
    m
    l
    May 27, 2012 9:11:23 AM

Seems like major driver issue. I'm afraid you'll have to reinstall windows to fix it.
    m
    l
    !