Solved

Looking for input on a laptop

So i need a laptop for school and want to to some gaming as well. I'm fairly let on this one as i can't go much higher in price:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215417

I probably will buy another 4GB of RAM however, since its not too much. I pretty much want to be able to play stuff like Skyrim, Diablo 3, Rage, and Fallout on at least medium settings with a smooth framerate. is this possible for this laptop?
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about looking input laptop
  1. I would look at:
    http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-Pavilion/B7M25AV?HP-Pavilion-g7z-2100-Notebook-PC
    This as it is would do you wonders, but if you wanted get the A10 version, and you will be well on your way. Its also wallet friendly.
  2. i would look at
    http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-Pavilion/A3H21AV?HP-Pavilion-dv6z-7000-Entertainment-Notebook-PC&aoid=35252
    change the graphics card to a 7730m and use the coupon NBQ1148 for 540$ at checkout
    or if you can increase your budget by 100$ you can get this

    http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/Laptops?aoid=35252 < upgrade to a gt 650m and upgrade to an i5 2310m for 670$ or for 640$ with the 3rd gen i3 with the coupon code NBQ1148 which will pretty much run almost every game on ultra on its native resolution
    the 7730m will run almost every game on high while the gt 650m will prolly max most game on ultra at its native 1336X768 reolution
  3. Trinity APUs blow anything Intel has to offer out of the water...

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a10-4600m-trinity-piledriver,3202.html

    And for $500 how you going to find a 17" notebook with any dedicated video? The Trinity build I linked you is a much better value.
  4. yes but the both of my links have a dedicated video card and a trinity apu is even worse then his laptop.. in the link?
  5. i looked at the benchmarks for the 7730m and the GT630m, and the GT630m is almost just as good, if not a bit better on a lot of games than the 7730m?
  6. where are you getting your benchmarks the 7730m is faster then the gt 630m by a LARGE margin a 7730m would be comparable to the 640m
    7670m
    and 6750m are both faster then a gt 630m
  7. The APU will still perform better, no matter what benchmark you look at.
  8. how would this do me?

    HP Pavilion dv6z-7000

    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M Accelerated Processor (3.2GHz/2.3GHz, 4MB L2 Cache)
    2GB AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7730M Graphics
    8GB 1600MHz DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  9. Best answer
    That would do anything you want...

    Your looking at 90% of the games out there at full settings and the other 10% at 3/4 settings.
  10. the 7730m would max out all the games you listed on its native resolution

    however there really is no diffrence between 6 gb's of ram and 8 gb's of ram and i wouldnt spend the extra 50$ of 2 gb's of ram....
    Even battefield 3 only uses 4 gb of ram max..
    and if you can go an extra 70$ i would still recomend you get http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/h [...] aoid=35252 upgrade to a gt 650m and a i5 3rd generation for only 670$ or an i3 3rd gen for 640$ which is a considerable performance jump of 30%! from the gt 640m and 7730m
  11. ok, thanks for the RAM info. I think the you posted is broken, it doesn't take me anywhere.
  12. is this what you meant?

    HP Pavilion dv6t-7000

    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
    NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR 5 video memory
    FREE Upgrade to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  13. Best answer selected by kai1990.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Laptops Gaming Systems Product