Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

warsong gulch

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 7:33:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

a gathering of idiots on my server alliance side. at least in the 31-40
side. Try again later today.

--

Taffy is delicious.

More about : warsong gulch

June 12, 2005 12:08:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

flame_thrower wrote:
> a gathering of idiots on my server alliance side. at least in the 31-40
> side. Try again later today.

Pick-up groups are like that sometimes. I played several games in a row
with mostly the same people, and we kept losing. There was this one guy....

Finally, on the last game, a new person showed up and recognized that
one guy and sstarted complaining. So the raid leader this time around
(who had been in the past several games) booted the guy.

We won that one. :-)
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 5:31:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"mikel" <mikel@evins.net> wrote in message
news:q4Sqe.27172$J12.10098@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
> flame_thrower wrote:
>> a gathering of idiots on my server alliance side. at least in the 31-40
>> side. Try again later today.
>
> Pick-up groups are like that sometimes. I played several games in a row
> with mostly the same people, and we kept losing. There was this one
> guy....
>
> Finally, on the last game, a new person showed up and recognized that one
> guy and sstarted complaining. So the raid leader this time around (who had
> been in the past several games) booted the guy.
>
> We won that one. :-)

Also I think Earthbind totem needs to be limited or not be able to be used
in here. Or does the Alliance have a good slowing AoE?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 1:22:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:31:52 -0400, "flame_thrower"
<skankyxwhore400@charter.net> scribed into the ether:

>
>"mikel" <mikel@evins.net> wrote in message
>news:q4Sqe.27172$J12.10098@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>> flame_thrower wrote:
>>> a gathering of idiots on my server alliance side. at least in the 31-40
>>> side. Try again later today.
>>
>> Pick-up groups are like that sometimes. I played several games in a row
>> with mostly the same people, and we kept losing. There was this one
>> guy....
>>
>> Finally, on the last game, a new person showed up and recognized that one
>> guy and sstarted complaining. So the raid leader this time around (who had
>> been in the past several games) booted the guy.
>>
>> We won that one. :-)
>
>Also I think Earthbind totem needs to be limited or not be able to be used
>in here. Or does the Alliance have a good slowing AoE?

The earthbind totem has suffered several nerfs already.
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 11:12:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message
news:Eg_qe.28541$rb6.5190@lakeread07...
>
Don't you touch my earthbind totem!!

Blizzard from mages and a hunters ice trap does a good slow AOE effect.
June 13, 2005 2:35:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

flame_thrower <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> stared blankly into space
for a short while before writing:
> a gathering of idiots on my server alliance side. at least in the
> 31-40 side. Try again later today.

I had a great group on my first try, and we won 3-1. Long game though,
probably 2 1/2 hours. I only suffered 3 deaths (50 Warrior in a 41-50
game) though that's partly due to me being on defense 90% of the time.

Got to use skills that I normally don't use very often... Thunderclap,
Intercept, Hamstring.

--
Doc
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 4:09:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:12:12 GMT, "El Durango" <El_Durango@yah00.c0m>
wrote:

>
>"flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message
>news:Eg_qe.28541$rb6.5190@lakeread07...
>>
>Don't you touch my earthbind totem!!
>
>Blizzard from mages and a hunters ice trap does a good slow AOE effect.

Cone of cold too.

Totems are also the only buffs/debuffs that _any_ class can "dispell"
- one attack and bye bye.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 5:52:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

A couple thoughts about Warsong:

THE biggest problem is the usual leet kiddies who go in with the
attitude "we're gonna lose anyway, lets just get HK's" (not realizing
the HK rewards are MUCH higher if you win...dolts...). They've lost
before the gates even open. Grrrr....

On our server, the Alliance outnumber the Horde. They've HAD to be
better at this kind of play, at Tarren Mill, Xroads, wherever, and they
have several guilds that are very, very strong, work very well together
runnning high-end instances (they get server firsts, usually), and have
learned to micromanage their skills and abilities. They develop and
*use* tactics, and once the pressure is applied, they keep it on at full
steam.

Our Alliance have very little of that. We have some very good Alliance
players, but most Alliance are leet kiddies who wander the BG, ignore
heal requests, don't know their character or abilities (the most common
response when a specific buff or spell or cast is needed - "Huh?")

My gut feeling is, 75% of the Alliance players are afraid of the Horde
players. They're also afraid to die. Maybe Diablo II got rid of my fear
of dying, but c'mon! I'm seeing WAY too many Alliance players heading
for the exit, because it's "too hard!".

Example: if you piss off the Horde by grabbing the flag a lot, killing
their players, and showing some skill, they gang up on you and
obliterate you, for the rest of the game. I had that Saturday - and it
was a blast! I'm being forced to use *everything* at my disposal, and I
think I've learned more about my rogue in one week of BGs than I have in
weeks of playing quests! I've also died more in BGs than anywhere else,
and so what - I'm learning!

If the Horde pisses off the Alliance players...they say, "Stay away from
that guy!" and cower in the base.

*frown*

Yet again, I found myself stealthed in the Horde base, ready to capture
the flag, with two lower level Horde guarding, and my guys are back at
the base going, "Gee, maybe we should send some help..."

*sigh*

Some days, it just doesn't pay to play Alliance.
June 13, 2005 8:11:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Doppleganger wrote:

> Some days, it just doesn't pay to play Alliance.

Everything you said is true plus Horde also looks way cooler then
Allies, of course.

erm, why do you say "some days"? Just leave that away...

Join the "dark" side, everything else just cramps your style ;) 

Cheers
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 8:20:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Dave" <dave@news.tk> wrote:
> Doppleganger wrote:
>
>> Some days, it just doesn't pay to play Alliance.
>
> Everything you said is true plus Horde also looks way cooler then
> Allies, of course.
>
> erm, why do you say "some days"? Just leave that away...
>
> Join the "dark" side, everything else just cramps your style ;) 

Damn, now I have this picture in my mind: With a horde flag in the
background, the Warchief himself is pointing at me saying "I want
YOU to join the horde!".

Chris... if only I could draw comics :o )

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (50) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (14) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
June 13, 2005 9:46:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Doppleganger wrote:
> A couple thoughts about Warsong:
>
> THE biggest problem is the usual leet kiddies who go in with the
> attitude "we're gonna lose anyway, lets just get HK's" (not realizing
> the HK rewards are MUCH higher if you win...dolts...). They've lost
> before the gates even open. Grrrr....

Yes.

[snip accurate observations about wimpy Alliance on a server where
Alliance outnumbers Horde]

I had the same experience of the Alliance on the server where my level
60 mage is, and I think for exactly the reasons you observed. On that
server, the ratio was something like 3:1 Alliance to Horde. It's an RP
server, so I can play characters on both sides. On the Alliance side,
being attacked was relatively rare and notable, and crowds of Alliance
would mount up to swarm the Horde attackers. Camping Tarren Mill and
Crossroads was considered normal.

On the Horde side, it was a wholly different atmosphere. The Horde was
constantly under siege. If you joined WorldDefense, it just streamed
constant attacks at all hours of the day and night.

On that server, the Horde is constantly under attack; the Alliance
really not.

What that seemed to produce, as you observed, was a Horde population
that thought strategically and tactically, and fought bravely and well,
while the Alliance population, so accustomed to massively outnumbering
their foes, had no capacity for strategy at all.

A Horde raid on Soutshore would produce some good fights because on one
side you would have brave, clever Horde fighters maneuvering like crazy
to control the battlefield, and on the other side you would have
gigantic mobs of clueless Alliance cannon fodder, holding their oown
through sheer force of numbers.

Alliance raids on Horde territory, on the other hand, were always total
diasters. I remember once a couple guilds organized a *huge* raid on the
Crossroads. There was much discussion of "strategy" ("stay together",
"listen to the raid leaders" -- I expected to hear "hold hands", "stay
with the chaperone"). When the massive herd of Alliance players began to
trickle into the Barrens, all thoughts of strategy were forgotten, as
players started blindly rushing toward the Crossroads to be mowed like
grass by the much smaller Horde force.

The Horde actually had a strategy and played it: their level 49 and
below players formed a defensive line close to the Crossroads. They
would bait Alliance players into the guards. Meanwhile, a handful of
level 50 players made a staggered flanking maneuver: they would come in
with flags down and calmly walk a few at a time right through the
Alliance--I can't call it "lines"--through the Alliance mob, get behind
the mass herd, which was mostly busy being taunted into the guards, and
then flag up and attack from behind.

They slaughtered us. We probably outnumbered them at least two to one
and had many more high level players. Alliance on that server simply
could not fight in the field.

On the other hand, I created some characters on a PVP server so that I
could participate in an RP/PVP guild on that server. The difference in
PVP was night and day. On that server, the populations are very close to
balanced (1.2:1, I think is the ratio), and that, perhaps combined with
the fact that people are on that server specifically for PVP, makes for
good play on both sides. The general level of skill just seems to be
much higher. On that server, if you are on a winning team, it means
something, because you beat someone good. On my original server, if you
are Horde and win it's because the Alliance are morons; if you are
Alliance and win it's because you threw so many bodies on top of the
Horde fighters that they drowned in dying flesh.
June 14, 2005 1:00:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

El Durango <El_Durango@yah00.c0m> stared blankly into space for a
short while before writing:
> "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message
> news:Eg_qe.28541$rb6.5190@lakeread07...
>>
> Don't you touch my earthbind totem!!
>
> Blizzard from mages and a hunters ice trap does a good slow AOE
> effect.

Horde also have Mages and Hunters. Alliance have no equivalent to a
Shaman, just as Horde have no equivalent to a Paladin (and probably
wouldn't want to, if it meant losing Shamen)

--
Doc
Fortute et armis - By courage and arms
June 14, 2005 1:10:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Josh Mayfield <ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com> stared blankly into space
for a short while before writing:
> Christian Stauffer wrote:
>> Damn, now I have this picture in my mind: With a horde flag in the
>> background, the Warchief himself is pointing at me saying "I want
>> YOU to join the horde!".
>>
>> Chris... if only I could draw comics :o )
>
> Ask and you shall receive...
>
> http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/contests/05-05-25/honora...
>
> -and-
>
> http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/contests/05-05-25/honora...

Heh, nicely done :) 

--
Doc
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with beer...
June 14, 2005 1:20:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Simon Nejmann <snejmann@worldonline.dk> stared blankly into space for
a short while before writing:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:12:12 GMT, "El Durango"
> <El_Durango@yah00.c0m> wrote:
>
>>
>> "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message
>> news:Eg_qe.28541$rb6.5190@lakeread07...
>>>
>> Don't you touch my earthbind totem!!
>>
>> Blizzard from mages and a hunters ice trap does a good slow AOE
>> effect.
>
> Cone of cold too.
>
> Totems are also the only buffs/debuffs that _any_ class can
> "dispell"
> - one attack and bye bye.

True, but you have to get to it first. More often that not it will pulse
well before you get near it, so you'll take 5 seconds getting to it and
hitting it... meanwhile the Horde runner is halfway back to his/her
base.

My last game last night only had 2 Shaman in it, and we won 3-1. The
previous game had 5 shaman and we lost 1-3 :) 

--
Doc
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with beer...
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 1:20:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:20:26 +1000, "Doc"
<the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> scribed into the ether:

>Simon Nejmann <snejmann@worldonline.dk> stared blankly into space for
>a short while before writing:
>> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:12:12 GMT, "El Durango"
>> <El_Durango@yah00.c0m> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message
>>> news:Eg_qe.28541$rb6.5190@lakeread07...
>>>>
>>> Don't you touch my earthbind totem!!
>>>
>>> Blizzard from mages and a hunters ice trap does a good slow AOE
>>> effect.
>>
>> Cone of cold too.
>>
>> Totems are also the only buffs/debuffs that _any_ class can
>> "dispell"
>> - one attack and bye bye.
>
>True, but you have to get to it first. More often that not it will pulse
>well before you get near it, so you'll take 5 seconds getting to it and
>hitting it... meanwhile the Horde runner is halfway back to his/her
>base.

Hit it from range.
June 14, 2005 3:01:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> stared blankly into
space for a short while before writing:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:20:26 +1000, "Doc"
> <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> scribed into the ether:
>
>> Simon Nejmann <snejmann@worldonline.dk> stared blankly into space
>> for
>> a short while before writing:
>>> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:12:12 GMT, "El Durango"
>>> <El_Durango@yah00.c0m> wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message
>>>> news:Eg_qe.28541$rb6.5190@lakeread07...
>>>>>
>>>> Don't you touch my earthbind totem!!
>>>>
>>>> Blizzard from mages and a hunters ice trap does a good slow AOE
>>>> effect.
>>>
>>> Cone of cold too.
>>>
>>> Totems are also the only buffs/debuffs that _any_ class can
>>> "dispell"
>>> - one attack and bye bye.
>>
>> True, but you have to get to it first. More often that not it will
>> pulse well before you get near it, so you'll take 5 seconds
>> getting to it and hitting it... meanwhile the Horde runner is
>> halfway back to his/her base.
>
> Hit it from range.

Oh, so me (a warrior) should stop chasing the runner, back up to 15
yards (or whatever the minimum range is for a gun) and shoot it (which
takes forever with non-hunter classes) *then* continue to chase the
Horde runner (who has now dropped 2 more totems behind him and has
changed to Ghost wolf and disappeared up the Horde tunnel)

IMO, the best thing to do while chasing a Shaman runner who's dropping
Earthbind totems, is to target the totem as you draw near to it. 99% of
the time you'll whack it as you run past in slow motion... thus
preventing it's effect on other chasers behind you. Hopefully one of the
other chasers is a hunter who can hit the runner with a concussive shot.
I've tried thunderclap on totems, but it doesn't seem to work.

--
Doc
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with beer...
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 3:01:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:01:31 +1000, "Doc"
<the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> scribed into the ether:

>Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> stared blankly into
>space for a short while before writing:
>> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:20:26 +1000, "Doc"
>> <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> scribed into the ether:
>>
>>> Simon Nejmann <snejmann@worldonline.dk> stared blankly into space
>>> for

>>>>
>>>> Cone of cold too.
>>>>
>>>> Totems are also the only buffs/debuffs that _any_ class can
>>>> "dispell"
>>>> - one attack and bye bye.
>>>
>>> True, but you have to get to it first. More often that not it will
>>> pulse well before you get near it, so you'll take 5 seconds
>>> getting to it and hitting it... meanwhile the Horde runner is
>>> halfway back to his/her base.
>>
>> Hit it from range.
>
>Oh, so me (a warrior) should stop chasing the runner, back up to 15
>yards (or whatever the minimum range is for a gun)

Just a couple of yards outside of melee range, actually.

> and shoot it (which takes forever with non-hunter classes)

Really not that bad, when you only need to shoot once. It's the cooldown
and reload for a second shot that differentiates basic Hunter archery from
everyone else. Now, a Hunter could use an instant shot with less warmup
time, but it's not *that* much lower, and what a horrible waste on a totem.

> *then* continue to chase the
>Horde runner (who has now dropped 2 more totems behind him and has
>changed to Ghost wolf and disappeared up the Horde tunnel)

Which he would have done anyway, with you being mired in the totem by
meleeing it.

And if he has enough time to ghost wolf himself, he's *gone*.
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 3:08:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Josh Mayfield" <ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Christian Stauffer wrote:
>> Damn, now I have this picture in my mind: With a horde flag in the
>> background, the Warchief himself is pointing at me saying "I want
>> YOU to join the horde!".
>>
>> Chris... if only I could draw comics :o )
>
> Ask and you shall receive...
>
> http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/contests/05-05-25/honora...
>
> -and-
>
> http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/contests/05-05-25/honora...

ROFL!

I knew I wasn't the only one with that idea :o )

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (50) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (14) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 5:46:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:01:31 +1000, "Doc"
<the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> wrote:

>Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> stared blankly into
>space for a short while before writing:
>> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:20:26 +1000, "Doc"
>> <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> scribed into the ether:

>Oh, so me (a warrior) should stop chasing the runner, back up to 15
>yards (or whatever the minimum range is for a gun) and shoot it (which
>takes forever with non-hunter classes) *then* continue to chase the
>Horde runner (who has now dropped 2 more totems behind him and has
>changed to Ghost wolf and disappeared up the Horde tunnel)

Can't you charge them?

Or if you were in combat, hamstring them?

>IMO, the best thing to do while chasing a Shaman runner who's dropping
>Earthbind totems, is to target the totem as you draw near to it. 99% of
>the time you'll whack it as you run past in slow motion... thus
>preventing it's effect on other chasers behind you. Hopefully one of the
>other chasers is a hunter who can hit the runner with a concussive shot.

Once they are away with the flag, they can be hard to stop.

What I have noticed at Warsong Gulch is that the Alliance seem to have
no plan whatsoever. Not even a bad plan. I played maybe ten times over
the weekend and the Alliance managed to plant just one flag.

Sometimes they were rezzing from the graveyard and
rejoining the battle, one at a time, against the very group that had
just dispatched them to the netherworld.

>I've tried thunderclap on totems, but it doesn't seem to work.

You have to target the totem, AoE's won't work.



Taras Bulba


----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
June 15, 2005 12:20:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Matt Frisch wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:01:31 +1000, "Doc"
> <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> scribed into the ether:
>
>
>>Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> stared blankly into
>>space for a short while before writing:
>>
>>>On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:20:26 +1000, "Doc"
>>><the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> scribed into the ether:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Simon Nejmann <snejmann@worldonline.dk> stared blankly into space
>>>>for
>
>
>>>>>Cone of cold too.
>>>>>
>>>>>Totems are also the only buffs/debuffs that _any_ class can
>>>>>"dispell"
>>>>>- one attack and bye bye.
>>>>
>>>>True, but you have to get to it first. More often that not it will
>>>>pulse well before you get near it, so you'll take 5 seconds
>>>>getting to it and hitting it... meanwhile the Horde runner is
>>>>halfway back to his/her base.
>>>
>>>Hit it from range.
>>
>>Oh, so me (a warrior) should stop chasing the runner, back up to 15
>>yards (or whatever the minimum range is for a gun)
>
>
> Just a couple of yards outside of melee range, actually.
>
>
>>and shoot it (which takes forever with non-hunter classes)
>
>
> Really not that bad, when you only need to shoot once. It's the cooldown
> and reload for a second shot that differentiates basic Hunter archery from
> everyone else. Now, a Hunter could use an instant shot with less warmup
> time, but it's not *that* much lower, and what a horrible waste on a totem.
>
>
>>*then* continue to chase the
>>Horde runner (who has now dropped 2 more totems behind him and has
>>changed to Ghost wolf and disappeared up the Horde tunnel)
>
>
> Which he would have done anyway, with you being mired in the totem by
> meleeing it.
>
> And if he has enough time to ghost wolf himself, he's *gone*.

Which is 1 second, if he spent a little talent on it.
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 1:48:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:20:18 GMT, mikel <mikel@evins.net> scribed into the
ether:

>Matt Frisch wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:01:31 +1000, "Doc"
>> <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> scribed into the ether:
>>
>>
>>>Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> stared blankly into
>>>space for a short while before writing:
>>>
>>>>On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:20:26 +1000, "Doc"
>>>><the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> scribed into the ether:

>>>>Hit it from range.
>>>
>>>Oh, so me (a warrior) should stop chasing the runner, back up to 15
>>>yards (or whatever the minimum range is for a gun)
>>
>>
>> Just a couple of yards outside of melee range, actually.
>>
>>
>>>and shoot it (which takes forever with non-hunter classes)
>>
>>
>> Really not that bad, when you only need to shoot once. It's the cooldown
>> and reload for a second shot that differentiates basic Hunter archery from
>> everyone else. Now, a Hunter could use an instant shot with less warmup
>> time, but it's not *that* much lower, and what a horrible waste on a totem.
>>
>>
>>>*then* continue to chase the
>>>Horde runner (who has now dropped 2 more totems behind him and has
>>>changed to Ghost wolf and disappeared up the Horde tunnel)
>>
>>
>> Which he would have done anyway, with you being mired in the totem by
>> meleeing it.
>>
>> And if he has enough time to ghost wolf himself, he's *gone*.
>
>Which is 1 second, if he spent a little talent on it.

Changes nothing.
June 15, 2005 3:57:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Matt Frisch wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:20:18 GMT, mikel <mikel@evins.net> scribed into the
> ether:
>
>
>>Matt Frisch wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:01:31 +1000, "Doc"
>>><the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> scribed into the ether:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> stared blankly into
>>>>space for a short while before writing:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:20:26 +1000, "Doc"
>>>>><the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> scribed into the ether:
>
>
>>>>>Hit it from range.
>>>>
>>>>Oh, so me (a warrior) should stop chasing the runner, back up to 15
>>>>yards (or whatever the minimum range is for a gun)
>>>
>>>
>>>Just a couple of yards outside of melee range, actually.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>and shoot it (which takes forever with non-hunter classes)
>>>
>>>
>>>Really not that bad, when you only need to shoot once. It's the cooldown
>>>and reload for a second shot that differentiates basic Hunter archery from
>>>everyone else. Now, a Hunter could use an instant shot with less warmup
>>>time, but it's not *that* much lower, and what a horrible waste on a totem.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>*then* continue to chase the
>>>>Horde runner (who has now dropped 2 more totems behind him and has
>>>>changed to Ghost wolf and disappeared up the Horde tunnel)
>>>
>>>
>>>Which he would have done anyway, with you being mired in the totem by
>>>meleeing it.
>>>
>>>And if he has enough time to ghost wolf himself, he's *gone*.
>>
>>Which is 1 second, if he spent a little talent on it.
>
>
> Changes nothing.

True, but then I never meant to imply that it did. I just thought people
might like to know that "enough time to ghost wolf" is short.
!