ATI Radeon Mobility M6 (sluggish video)

sirkrumskull

Honorable
May 25, 2012
I own a HP Pavilion ze5170 laptop with an ATI Radeon Mobility M6 video card. Unfortunately, the ATI AMD support website offers no driver support for WinXP however they have a download for Vista/Win7 users. My main issue is that whenever I try to do a full-screen video (any popular format & program) or watch youtube videos (normal & fullscreen) , I get very sluggish performance to the point where you don't even want to watch except you can hear sound fine which led me to believe my video card is probably messed up somehow. I used to be able to watch videos fine (before I had to reformat recently) except my father was the previous owner and I'm unsure how he had everything set up. Does anyone have any ideas except the obvious that I should probably upgrade?

sirkrumskull

Honorable
May 25, 2012
No worries, I fixed the problem myself. For anyone in the future that encounters this same problem, use the driver version 6.13.10.6051 dated 2/8/2002 created by ATI Technologies Inc. The omega drivers are what ultimately gave me this problem but I guess it makes sense to use a driver made by the company itself than from some proclaimed genius that says his drivers are better.